MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you drop a major...and how? niki_517 Academics 4 06-16-2010 02:16 PM
drop/add grades Jessicaaaa Academics 3 11-16-2009 09:06 AM
Where to Drop and Add Courses? Deegs14 General Discussion 4 10-27-2009 10:39 PM
Drop/Add Period hyeonsk75 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-13-2009 09:00 PM
Last day to drop? shleyaa Academics 1 08-13-2008 07:33 PM

Where do I drop a course?

Old 11-05-2008 at 02:22 PM   #1
georgeb.1990

Liked: 2 Times

Where do I drop a course?
I need to drop history 1BB3 but can't do it over Solar. Do I need to go to the student center or see someone from my faculty (Engineering)?

Jenne Hopkins helped me with my course selection during the summer but I don't know if she is still the person to see during the academic year...

Also... what % of the tuition will I get back?
Old 11-05-2008 at 02:25 PM   #2
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

You can go into MUGSI, find SOLAR and drop that course from there with the course selection. There's a drop down tab button to modify, add or drop =)

I'm not sure how much money you get back... somewhere from $400-$500?
Old 11-05-2008 at 02:27 PM   #3
georgeb.1990

Liked: 2 Times

I can't use solar because I still have a timetable conflict for a course in sem 2.
Old 11-05-2008 at 02:31 PM   #4
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Why aren’t all of my courses available for Dropping?
  • Courses are only available for dropping until the ‘last day to add or drop courses’ of Sessional Dates.
Spring/Summer Session: See Dates & [email protected] a Glance
Fall/Winter Session: See Dates & [email protected] a Glance
  • Some courses may be blocked from dropping via SOLAR. Click on the ‘Current Courses’ button to view all the courses you were registered in at the beginning of your online session.
  • If a course that you need to drop is not in the ‘Courses that can be changed’ area of the course selection screen, contact your Faculty or Program Office for assistance
That's taken from the MCMASTER information site located here. So you would need to go to your Faculty office or Program office; I'm not sure if its Jenne Hopkins, but that's definitely the place to look first
Old 11-05-2008 at 02:34 PM   #5
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

Ohh, so that's why... I thought you weren't sure how to do it =/

Umm, I would contact the registar office maybe...
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /contacts.html
Old 11-05-2008 at 03:14 PM   #6
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

From now on, all course related matters are dealt with by your faculty. The registrar's office is there for transcripts and other more general administrative matters.

For the next 4 -7 years, JHE A214 will be your best friend.

georgeb.1990 says thanks to DannyV for this post.