MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't find account name Destructleo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-24-2011 07:02 PM
How do I find out where my midterms are? lauracs Academics 5 10-03-2010 11:40 AM
How to find out which rez I'm in. HELP! knguyens2 Residence & Housing 5 07-27-2010 08:15 PM
Where do I find my CA or GPA? Allan Academics 1 01-30-2009 01:49 PM

Where do I find my timetable?

Old 07-11-2011 at 09:56 PM   #1
akmac

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Where do I find my timetable?
I've been asking a bunch of questions lately but here it goes again-I can't seem to find my timetable. Is it on the Solar page at the top when you choose your courses? Because I get an error when I click that...I've looked anywhere I could think of to find answers and I just dont friggen know :/ any help is appreciated.
Old 07-11-2011 at 10:03 PM   #2
Fatalis

Liked: 0 Times

Sectioning doesn't happen until Augest, so you should be able to see it around Augest 8th.
Old 07-11-2011 at 10:08 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Timetables are released only after SOLAR closes for sectioning so around August 8th. Bookmark this page for all the important dates: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...%20FINAL. pdf
Old 07-12-2011 at 10:07 AM   #4
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

I've seen so many questions answered simply with that schedule... i wonder if they teach high school students to read anymore...
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

gguarna likes this.
Old 07-12-2011 at 10:14 AM   #5
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Most of us make our own schedules based on the master timetable:
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

You can simply search for your courses, and collect the information on a spreadsheet like excel. Voila, your own timetable!
Old 07-12-2011 at 10:18 AM   #6
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by djRAIN View Post
I've seen so many questions answered simply with that schedule... i wonder if they teach high school students to read anymore...

That's kinda harsh, the transition from high school to uni can be intimidating and confusing. If you didn't struggle with it, it doesn't mean that others won't. This site's purpose is partly to help with these sort of questions regardless of how "obvious" they may seem. As students who have had experience, there's no harm in helping them out, like I said, not everyone finds the change easy and they may simply just not be too good with technology.

Old 07-12-2011 at 11:11 AM   #7
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

When they do come out, you can get them on MUGSI. There's a dedicated button on the main page before you login.
Old 07-12-2011 at 11:16 AM   #8
potatoes85

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by IqzFendi View Post
That's kinda harsh, the transition from high school to uni can be intimidating and confusing. If you didn't struggle with it, it doesn't mean that others won't. This site's purpose is partly to help with these sort of questions regardless of how "obvious" they may seem. As students who have had experience, there's no harm in helping them out, like I said, not everyone finds the change easy and they may simply just not be too good with technology.
Yeah I agree, and also, the mcmaster website isn't well designed with finding information in mind. If you try and find something you could be caught in a huge web of links and dead ends.

IqzFendi likes this.
Old 07-12-2011 at 11:21 AM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoes85 View Post
Yeah I agree, and also, the mcmaster website isn't well designed with finding information in mind. If you try and find something you could be caught in a huge web of links and dead ends.
Most of the time I just use the search function to find the information I need... or rather other people need XD
Old 07-12-2011 at 12:02 PM   #10
gguarna

Liked: 5 Times

Although as an incoming student, I found the McMaster website so easy to use and find stuff versus some of the other university websites (mcgill especially)!

I can see the frustration that djRAIN feels because sometimes it does seem that my peers just aren't even putting in the effort, but I must agree with IqzFendi, that the reason this whole macinsiders forum is here, is to help each other!

Thanks for all the posters who answer our questions, especially those of you who I see on almost every thread!Thanks from an incoming first year!

IqzFendi likes this.
Old 07-13-2011 at 02:05 AM   #11
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

I tend to just use google and insert key words like "mcmaster" "timetable" "fall 2011" release etc and it usually gives you the results you want, so really you don't need to navigate the mcmaster website if you know how to use google; which i'm sure people with access to a computer have come across before at some point in time.

Ps. this is just a suggestion for the future, if you or anyone else have difficulty finding information