MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Academic Advising odetunao Academics 10 06-14-2011 12:05 PM
Academic Advising mellye Academics 1 08-29-2010 10:23 PM
Academic Workshops? mdoidge Academics 1 08-10-2010 01:19 PM
Academic Advising Sessions Registration for Business Course Selections MTK3 Academics 1 06-25-2010 05:11 PM
Academic Advising 10pauljuli First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-01-2010 05:33 PM

Where do I go for academic advising?

Old 07-08-2011 at 12:57 PM   #1
melyssa

Liked: 0 Times

Where do I go for academic advising?
Hello, I am going to be an undergraduate student and I am wanting to go see an academic advisor about my courses. I know the times they are open but I do not know where to go. I am the faculty of science. If someone could help me please let me know
Old 07-08-2011 at 01:08 PM   #2
LindsayL216

Liked: 7 Times

http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/ass...demic-advising

Hope this helps!
Old 07-08-2011 at 03:17 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

They are located in BSB. If you enter through the main doors (The doors with the two flag poles somewhere in the front), you end up in the "lobby" which a small square that has 4 directions (including the entrance you just came in from). Take a left and it's the first door on the right.
Old 07-08-2011 at 03:44 PM   #4
lux

Liked: 318 Times

You could book an appointment but you can always email first to save you the trouble [email protected]
Old 07-08-2011 at 07:43 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

If you walk in through the main doors of BSB, take the hallway at the left and its the first door to the right. It's BSB 129. There's drop-in advising between 1 and 3:30 M-F. Otherwise, you need to book an appointment. You could also call or email :
Students wishing to contact an Academic Advisor, may do one of the following:
  • call extension 27590
  • e-mail [email protected]This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • drop into the office at BSB-129 during office hours
Old 07-08-2011 at 10:59 PM   #6
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

If you need one on one advising for all of your courses, or even a large number, I highly recommend drop in advising. Emails are usually for very brief queries and they will probably direct you to their office anyway

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences