MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upper Years: Things you would think of packing for residence? davied First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 09-01-2011 12:51 AM
Residence students can no longer bring fridges! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-13-2010 01:39 PM
Upper years in residence macbaby07 Residence & Housing 28 03-14-2010 01:05 PM
Residence Survival Part 1: What to bring Chad Residence & Off-Campus Living 82 09-03-2009 01:22 PM
Article Rewind: Living in Residence lorend MacInsiders Announcements 3 08-31-2009 03:28 PM

Do a lot of first years living in residence bring cars?

Old 08-21-2011 at 08:30 PM   #16
yaroslav64

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak705 View Post
Expect people wanting you to make beer runs/liquor runs etc. :p I only knew 1 person with a car in residence, and he was always driving to pick up beer haha.
That's one of the upsides I see, as long as people chip for gas every once in a while (I'm not a gas nazi unlike some people I know lol) I'll always have beer and I enjoy driving. My car is my baby! I worked on a vegetable farm for two summers in grades 9 and 10 to afford it so I couldnt go without it LOL!

SarahJane_17 likes this.
Old 08-21-2011 at 08:30 PM   #17
SarahJane_17

Liked: 1 Time

Im also living like 5 minutes off campus. And I wouldnt want to waste the money on cancelling and then reinstating my insurance. The longer i drive, the cheaper it is

yaroslav64 likes this.
Old 08-21-2011 at 08:32 PM   #18
yaroslav64

BTW gas doesnt cost too much when you dont drive a lot.
Old 08-21-2011 at 08:36 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJane_17 View Post
Im also living like 5 minutes off campus. And I wouldnt want to waste the money on cancelling and then reinstating my insurance. The longer i drive, the cheaper it is
Living off campus is different from living on campus. You have to do groceries while off campus, you'll want to also eat out once in a while. While on campus you have a meal plan and have to use it prior to the end of the year.

There's not a single time in residence where I thought to myself, "man, I wish I had a car". On the other hand, there are tons of times that I wish I had a car while living off campus. Even to hang out with friends. While on campus, your friends come to you because they are generally there every weekday.

Tailsnake likes this.
Old 08-21-2011 at 08:36 PM   #20
lux

Liked: 318 Times

If you live in the GTA, and don't want to take the bus on weekends going back, a car is great. You just need a place to put the thing when you're here. (see my previous post)
You can carpool friends too,
Old 08-21-2011 at 08:38 PM   #21
DutchRudder

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaroslav64 View Post
BTW gas doesnt cost too much when you dont drive a lot.
This one will go far...
Old 08-21-2011 at 08:42 PM   #22
yaroslav64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchRudder View Post
This one will go far...

http://memegenerator.net/instance/9503330

gmoney likes this.
Old 08-21-2011 at 10:24 PM   #23
MACSS

Liked: 0 Times