MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MacInsiders reaches 20,000 members! Chad ARCHIVES 0 06-10-2012 02:13 PM
Looking for band members!!! jubilantx Music 52 10-13-2010 02:57 AM
MacInsiders Surpasses 10,000 Members Chad MacInsiders Announcements 7 07-07-2010 08:33 PM
MacInsiders Update To All Members Chad MacInsiders Announcements 9 06-18-2009 02:52 PM

Do staff members every come into your room?

Old 05-05-2013 at 06:26 PM   #1
stevenstevens

Liked: 0 Times

Do staff members every come into your room?
Do staff members/rez team people (whatever they are called) ever go into your room to check things? Is it ever unannounced?
Old 05-05-2013 at 07:52 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

I don't believe they are unless they have suspicion you're up to no good / illegal stuff/ stuff that will threaten the safety/wellbeing of other people
Old 05-05-2013 at 08:05 PM   #3
ISniffBluffs

Liked: 0 Times

The only reason they have ever come in was when I needed something fixed (a burnt lightbulb). Even then, they knocked before entering.
Old 05-05-2013 at 08:57 PM   #4
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

The only time anyone will ever enter your room without your permission is if you request that they fix something (broken light bulbs, etc) and during the christmas holiday for cleaning.

However, if it's really obvious that you're breaking some sort of rule in your room (i.e. You've snuck 30 people and beer keg into your room and everyone on your floor and the next 3 can hear you partying or your room is making the entire floor smell like someone was trying to hotbox it) and you refuse to let staff into your room staff can call campus security who are allowed to/able to enter your room without permission.

achhin, Chad like this.
Old 05-05-2013 at 11:07 PM   #5
5.98e24

Liked: 12 Times

Last year (2011-2012), my roommate submitted a work order for our room heater. A few weeks later, I was sleeping in one morning and I heard knocking but didn't get up because I was still half-asleep. My roommate had left for an early class. After a few knocks, I heard keys jingling. He opened the door and proceeded to fix our heater. Super awkward because I was still groggy and in sleepwear (if you will).

Based on what Tailsnake said, this was permitted but I wish they sent an email or gave me 24 hours notice, etc. Ah well.
Old 05-06-2013 at 12:56 AM   #6
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 201 Times

If you are planning on smoking weed in the dorm. Yes. Yes they do.
Old 05-06-2013 at 12:26 PM   #7
achhin

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.98e24 View Post
Last year (2011-2012), my roommate submitted a work order for our room heater. A few weeks later, I was sleeping in one morning and I heard knocking but didn't get up because I was still half-asleep. My roommate had left for an early class. After a few knocks, I heard keys jingling. He opened the door and proceeded to fix our heater. Super awkward because I was still groggy and in sleepwear (if you will).

Based on what Tailsnake said, this was permitted but I wish they sent an email or gave me 24 hours notice, etc. Ah well.
LOL yeah this happened to me last year too when I requested to have the lights replaced in the bathroom. If you don't answer they have to open the door anyway to do their work. When you place the order it tells you that they'll be in within 3-5 business days I think so basically just expect them to come whenever during that timeframe.