MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Me Choose My Elective Please! ginaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 06-18-2011 11:05 AM
i couldnt even choose my courses!!!!!!! epikness Academics 1 06-14-2011 07:58 AM
When do we choose our courses for next year Rob Mac Academics 2 06-05-2010 09:30 PM
If u had to choose... LBJ.MVP Academics 38 07-11-2009 03:28 PM
how to choose nadia1 Academics 9 07-03-2009 01:10 PM

When do you choose your courses?

Old 05-18-2013 at 04:44 PM   #1
Rumana

Liked: 0 Times

When do you choose your courses?
Hello, I have accepted my offer to Medical Radiation Sciences for 2013-2014 and I have question about course selection. I know we choose our courses through SOLAR, but when does SOLAR open up?
I read this link, but am still confused.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...0.html?t=76980

Also, when do I pay for my tuition? Is there a specific day and month?

Thank you for your time.
Old 05-18-2013 at 05:00 PM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Hi Rumana! Welcome to Macinsiders! Course selection for first year science students is on Thursday June 27. However, if you want a particular elective that is really popular, try to register at 12 am on the 27th...so basically you might wanna log in to mugsi at 11 pm on the 26th

When you finish course registration that day, go to solar and click on "Payment agreement" to confirm your payment. There it will ask you if you will be paying by osap and all that. Don't forget to click "confirm" at the bottom of the payment agreement window when you finish!

Rumana says thanks to jim1 for this post.

Rumana likes this.
Old 05-18-2013 at 05:15 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Actually don't log on to MUGSI at 11pm on the 26th...they have a 40-min time-out (or 45min? I forget exactly).

And don't be surprised if it takes you three hours to get in.
Old 05-18-2013 at 05:22 PM   #4
jim1
Elite Member

I thought the 45 min limit was for Solar? I am pretty sure there's no time limit for mugsi
Old 05-18-2013 at 05:33 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

I've definitely been timed out of MUGSI...but that was before they updated it, so maybe there isn't a limit anymore on the new one?

But yeah, it was really annoying
Old 05-18-2013 at 05:49 PM   #6
jim1
Elite Member

Yea i am not sure then lol

So Rumana, about getting timed out..every 10 mins go on mugsi and do something just in case lol, but make sure you log in to mugsi before 12 am! Good luck!
Old 05-18-2013 at 06:07 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
Yea i am not sure then lol

So Rumana, about getting timed out..every 10 mins go on mugsi and do something just in case lol, but make sure you log in to mugsi before 12 am! Good luck!
When I got timed out, it didn't matter whether or not I was doing something. It's a straight-up time limit, not an auto-logout based on inactivity.
Lol I remember going to Mac to have the academic advisors help me pick courses (idk if they still even do that, but they did when I was going into first year) and I got timed out and lost my courses before we finished :(