Old 11-13-2010 at 09:46 PM   #46
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
Once a day. Twice when it's warm out.

I've never had a cavity in my adult teeth
I'm sorry, do you honestly only brush your teeth ONCE a day? That's gross. I bursh my teeth 2-3 times a day.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:02 PM   #47
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I'm sorry, do you honestly only brush your teeth ONCE a day? That's gross. I bursh my teeth 2-3 times a day.
I usually brush my teeth once a day, sometimes two. And I've never had a cavity in my life.

As for the people who compulsively try to keep things in symmetry/in a particular number sequence, I feel an odd, irresistible sense of attraction to you :/. I find people like that really interesting (not in the 'you're weird' way, but rather 'I wanna get to know you better' way), idk why.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:10 PM   #48
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
I only brush my teeth once a day, have no cavities, and according to my dentist I have perfect teeth and oral hygiene. So I feel no need to brush my teeth more than necessary, it'd only be a waste of water and toothpaste.

Edit: I brush my teeth twice on days when I've eaten a lot of garlic, onion, or just overall feel the need to brush them again.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:31 PM   #49
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I thought of another. Looking up makes me feel really uneasy. I'm really tall and all my friends in high school were under 5'4" so I almost never had to look up at anything, so when I am made to look upwards it feels really unsettling.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:50 PM   #50
camais

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
If I scratch my right arm, I must scratch my left arm as well, in the same spot and with equal force. If I chew a piece of food on one side of my mouth a certain number of times, I "have to" then chew it on the other side of my mouth an equal number of times. If I cracked all the knuckles on my right hand, but for some reason somebody prevented me from cracking the knuckles on my left...... shiit would go down. It's all about equality

Same reason why staircases with an uneven number of stairs bother me.
my family always laughed at how id be blow on my hands. I told them it was because it felt uneven since there was a breeze on the other hand. At least now I can say I'm not the only one to do that

and the only reason i don't take an extra step on odd numbered staircases is because of my deep-rooted sloth mentality.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:54 PM   #51
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

I must change my towel and pillow cases every week.

I must ensure that my work area is in order before starting to work (which usually results in me cleaning my bookshelf, my bedroom, and most of the house). An infrequent event, but an event nonetheless.

On my laptop (MacBook Pro), the screen brightness, keyboard illumination, and volume must be set to either 0, 1, 3, 4, 8, 12, or 16 pips (16 is the max). I always check it before using it, and whenever the ambient light sensor causes my screen brightness to change, I always ensure that it's one of those numbers before continuing work.

I feel really uncomfortable if my backpack is the tiniest bit off-weighted, or if there's a light draft affecting only one side of my body. A breeze is fine, but drafts annoy me.
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:11 PM   #52
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Oh, also:

Every song in my iTunes library *must* be properly named (spelling, capitalizations and punctuation included) and accurately tagged, and they cannot have an album artist, grouping, comment, genre, or rating tag to it, and iTunes must be able to recognize the album name by downloading the correct artwork for it (indie bands are exceptions), and there cannot be any duplicate songs. Lyrics must be present, and properly capitalized and punctuated (cannot have any end-of sentence periods or commas). Until then I won't listen to the song.

I actually spent hours on end organizing my music when I collaborated my library.

Same organization applies to my address book. I'll take the time to fill in as much accurate information as possible.

If I've been unconsciously pushing on my teeth with my tongue or sucking inwards on it, I'll do the opposite for however long I think is necessary to 'undo' the action.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-13-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:18 PM   #53
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
On my laptop (MacBook Pro), the screen brightness, keyboard illumination, and volume must be set to either 0, 1, 3, 4, 8, 12, or 16 pips (16 is the max). I always check it before using it, and whenever the ambient light sensor causes my screen brightness to change, I always ensure that it's one of those numbers before continuing work.
See people! I'm not the only one with arbitrary, patternless number-related oddities!
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:18 PM   #54
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

My alarm HAS to be set for some strange number. It can never be set for anything ending in 5 or 0. I have this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach even thinking about, like if I did that something bad would happen and I'd die in my sleep or something.
Currently set to 9:38. Normally set for 8:06. etc.

Old 11-13-2010 at 11:21 PM   #55
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

When daylight savings time ends, I just leave my clock running an hour ahead and compensate for the difference. Not really a quirk, just too lazy to get up and adjust it...

Old 11-13-2010 at 11:22 PM   #56
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
See people! I'm not the only one with arbitrary, patternless number-related oddities!
Actually this one isn't as odd. Zero is zero, meaning I don't need the function. And since there are 16 pips, I've divided it in half, giving 8, and half again, giving intervals of 4...'0, 4, 8, 12, 16'.

The number three is probably the only oddity.

It's the only odd number I like. I prefer 3 over even numbers, and I prefer even numbers over all other numbers (except 1), and my favourite number in a set of even numbers is usually the total/2 or the total/4, and all intervals of such.

Yea... :/
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:26 PM   #57
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Actually this one isn't as odd. Zero is zero, meaning I don't need the function. And since there are 16 pips, I've divided it in half, giving 8, and half again, giving intervals of 4...'0, 4, 8, 12, 16'.

The number three is probably the only oddity.
One could argue that the minute you throw in an outlier, it ceases to become a pattern

and shush, I need this to make my own quirks not look as weird D:

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-14-2010 at 12:39 AM   #58
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Brushing your teeth more than once doesn't really make them cleaner, instead scratches off the enamel. It's more of a socially accepted number that you should brush at least twice. I think a person should brush only at night, unless he's eaten something really funny or eaten too many sweets.
Old 11-14-2010 at 12:45 AM   #59
Needlenose
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 27 Times

I always sleep with a blanket covering my entire body, with only a little gap near my mouth to breathe. Even during humid nights in the summer, I sleep buried underneath a blanket, with the fan on to keep the room cool. I sleep on my stomach, with the blanket pulled over my head. For some reason, I find it very hard to sleep if I'm exposed (especially if my feet are exposed). I guess it has to do with the fact that I've slept in some pretty old and creepy houses when I was young. I used to imagine that if I pulled down my blanket, I'd see some creepy dark figure standing over me and if my feet were exposed, someone would pull them and drag me down.

Old 11-14-2010 at 12:59 AM   #60
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:

If I've been unconsciously pushing on my teeth with my tongue or sucking inwards on it, I'll do the opposite for however long I think is necessary to 'undo' the action.
same
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlenose View Post
I always sleep with a blanket covering my entire body, with only a little gap near my mouth to breathe.
same

and:
when relaxed i pull my shirt over my nose

Alchemist11, crazyfree like this.