and:
when relaxed i pull my shirt over my nose
LOL, I always do that. I love it.

giftedchick likes this.
Old 11-14-2010 at 01:28 AM   #62
Needlenose
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 27 Times

Ooh, I just thought of another quirk of mine. I always smell books. Whether they're old or new, novels or textbooks, I will smell them. ALWAYS. In a bookstore or library, I will look to around to see that no one is watching, before smelling the book. A book that smells "good" actually enhances my reading experience. There is something oddly nice about the smell of a new, freshly printed book and something comforting about the smell of an old novel. I know what all my textbooks and novels smell like. When I walk through the bookshelves of Mills, the first thing I notice is the strong scent of old books. Haha, I'm so weird.
Old 11-14-2010 at 02:36 AM   #63
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 76 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlenose View Post
Ooh, I just thought of another quirk of mine. I always smell books. Whether they're old or new, novels or textbooks, I will smell them. ALWAYS. In a bookstore or library, I will look to around to see that no one is watching, before smelling the book. A book that smells "good" actually enhances my reading experience. There is something oddly nice about the smell of a new, freshly printed book and something comforting about the smell of an old novel. I know what all my textbooks and novels smell like. When I walk through the bookshelves of Mills, the first thing I notice is the strong scent of old books. Haha, I'm so weird.
LOL. I smell books too. But I do it as a gauge of how old the book is. Not that it actually tells you, but its an old habit.
Old 11-14-2010 at 06:06 AM   #64
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
I love walking through bookshelves in libraries and just smelling the air. I find it a comforting smell since I've always loved reading. Old books are my favorite though, but I do like the smell of a freshly printed book. Especially if it's one that when you buy it it's in celofane (not sure how to spell it).

Needlenose, SilentWalker like this.
Old 11-14-2010 at 11:00 AM   #65
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

If I ever spot a grey hair on my boyfriend's head, I HAVE to pull it out (he's not old, he's only 22). I don't know why but I just need to.

I have dyed blonde hair. When my roots grow in, you can see my natural brown colour. But not every single hair grows at the same pace, so sometimes there is one or two hairs down my part that don't have brown roots - and I need to pull them out. It's never noticable to anyone else and even I can barely see them, but I need to pull them out.

I make voices for animals sometimes in public situations without realizing it. It's super embarassing :(

I have to cover my ears when I sleep. I'm always scared a bug is going to crawl in. I use earplugs every night, and I cover them with the blanket.
Old 11-14-2010 at 11:30 AM   #66
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I

I make voices for animals sometimes in public situations without realizing it. It's super embarassing :(
ahahaha I do this too. I randomly meow like cat, especially when I'm stressed out. I usually have no idea until my friends laugh at me

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-14-2010 at 11:56 AM   #67
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I hate walking on the ridges in sidewalks. I love walking on the ridges in between stones though.

I will always set my alarm for at least 30 minutes before I need to wake up. So I can hit snooze for 10 minutes 3 times.

I can't stop reading books on a odd number, drives me nuts. I will stop at a 5, a 0 or the end of a chapter and memorize that number. If its the end of a chapter, I keep repeating(lying) to myself the number rounded to a 5 or a 0 so that I can remember it.
Old 11-14-2010 at 12:10 PM   #68
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Oh, also:

Every song in my iTunes library *must* be properly named (spelling, capitalizations and punctuation included) and accurately tagged, and they cannot have an album artist, grouping, comment, genre, or rating tag to it, and iTunes must be able to recognize the album name by downloading the correct artwork for it (indie bands are exceptions), and there cannot be any duplicate songs. Lyrics must be present, and properly capitalized and punctuated (cannot have any end-of sentence periods or commas). Until then I won't listen to the song.

I actually spent hours on end organizing my music when I collaborated my library.

Same organization applies to my address book. I'll take the time to fill in as much accurate information as possible.

If I've been unconsciously pushing on my teeth with my tongue or sucking inwards on it, I'll do the opposite for however long I think is necessary to 'undo' the action.
Honestly, I think I could give you a heart/panic attack by showing you my itunes and my desktop.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-14-2010 at 12:22 PM   #69
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Honestly, I think I could give you a heart/panic attack by showing you my itunes and my desktop.
I'm pretty accustomed to them by now
I really don't know how people could live like that.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
Brushing your teeth more than once doesn't really make them cleaner, instead scratches off the enamel. It's more of a socially accepted number that you should brush at least twice. I think a person should brush only at night, unless he's eaten something really funny or eaten too many sweets.
I normally only brush my teeth once a day when I'm at home. However, I always brush them before I leave the house, like on weekdays before leaving for Mac.

And brushing too hard or too many times a day does damage your teeth. My dad has had his enamel almost totally worn away on his molars, and has had really sensitive teeth for almost 6 years until, after fillings upon fillings, a dentist finally got it right.
Quote:
I always sleep with a blanket covering my entire body, with only a little gap near my mouth to breathe. Even during humid nights in the summer, I sleep buried underneath a blanket, with the fan on to keep the room cool.
Same. I actually sleep with a sheet and a quilt, covered from head to toe, with a little gap for breathing space. And it's tucked in on both sides of my body and under my feet, preventing any drafts. I really hate drafts.

However, during summer, I ditch the quilt and only use the sheet.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
I love walking through bookshelves in libraries and just smelling the air. I find it a comforting smell since I've always loved reading. Old books are my favorite though, but I do like the smell of a freshly printed book. Especially if it's one that when you buy it it's in celofane (not sure how to spell it).
I LOVE the smell of new books. When I go into a bookstore and pick up a book that I'm going to buy, I usually stand there sniffing it, which gathers queer looks from a lot of bystanders .

I also love the smell of old books, but I usually avoid sniffing them because most of them are dusty. I remember, back in Trinidad, about 6 years ago, my grandfather had this *really* old calculus book. It was so old that the pages were crisp and no longer flexible, and if not turned properly they would break. But the book was in really good condition, except for some discolouration, and I used to love smelling it. I admired him because, among other things, he always kept his books in pristine condition. No matter how hard I try, my books always end up getting damaged in some way or another :(.

Wow, talking about all this makes me sad. I haven't gotten time to read a book for pleasure in a really long time. Didn't realize how much I miss it until a couple days ago. Those couple hours in seclusion with a book are priceless.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-14-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2010 at 01:39 PM   #70
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

I'm kinda like SilentWalker, I hate when shit on iTunes is misspelled and stuff. Artist and the song title must be properly spelled and it can't have any ratings or genre things on it. D: I don't think I'm as bad as he is, though, haha.

and LOL Blakie, I do the same thing. I set my alarm for 30 mins before I actually need to get up, so I can snooze that mofo 3 times.

New books smell nice. Old ones smell funky, lmao. but I def. always smell new books. Buying textbooks at the beginning of each term = a thrill, baha.

and LOLOL I always pull out Kyle's grey hairs, as welll. It drives me nuts, especially since his hair is so dark, it just sticks out like a sore thumb. >.<
I also do this to his chin when he hasn't shaved in a while, but I like to pull out any hairs that have a reddish tint to it. I call them ginger hairs or "ging's".

I will not walk on cracks when I'm walking on sidewalks, it's like a game I play when I walk.
I will step on crunchy leaves in the fall.

I HATE HATE HATE when people are like "i this, i that", without capitalizing the "I". It drives me nuts.

I will not take a crap at anyone's house but my own. Even ask Kyle, baha. The only way I will do that is if I have moist towelette thingies. Like wet wipes, or whatever. I don't think toilet paper alone does the job, I NEED my wet wipes. I have only ever crapped at school (elementary, high school, uni) twice since I was 10, and I will do anything humanly possible to NOT go at school.

Also, when I go pee in public places, I completely cover the entire toilet seat with like 3 layers of toilet paper. I feel like I will get diseases if I don't.

I clean out my ears everyday, sometimes more. I feel dirty if I don't.

When opening my refrigerator and getting food, I won't let the door hit the wall, I'll try to catch it before it hits. I hate when it hits the wall, I need to save it.

When seeing a shirt or another article of clothingg that I haven't worn in a long time, I feel sad that it's lonely so I'll put it on for a little bit and then change into the clothes I was originally wearing.

Haha, when going into my creepy basement or upstairs when it's dark, I think there are super mario ghosts there (or other monsters). The only way they won't get me is if I'm facing them, if I turn my back, they will slowly move towards me.

when I put my headphones in, I ALWAYS pay attention to the R and the L on them. I can't NOT now which headphone is intended for which ear.

I hate hate hate having the bottom of my blanket tucked in. I feel trapped and not free or something. I find it extremely uncomfortable. I like my feet sticking out the bottom.

Another thing, I have to have socks on when I sleep, even in the summer. I hate feet and the thought of feet touching (even my own) grosses me out to no end. Wearing socks makes it more bearable.

That's all for now. I'm sure there's about 3487564 more. O_O

Last edited by xo.monica : 11-14-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2010 at 02:39 PM   #71
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
It feels weird if almost anything I do (e.g. brushing my teeth, "swishing" mouthwash, length of stretches, number of reps I do, washing my hair) aren't done in any of the following numbers:

3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 18, 25, 30, 36, 50, 75, 100, 120, 125, 150, 180
YES! I have certain numbers which I like/am drawn to and others that I consider "bad." Usually odd numbers are good with a few exceptions.

Hence my current conundrum: I get a piercing after I pass a certain milestone (like graduating high school etc). I have 7 now but I want 9, but I can't get to 9 without living with 8 (bad!) for a while. Dammit.

Numbers I like: 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, 15, 18, 20, 23, 25.....
Old 11-14-2010 at 03:05 PM   #72
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

I can't stand it when my bed isn't made, or when beds around me aren't made.

I can't stand it when blankets are all smushed up and not folded.

I can't stand it when my games or cd's or papers on my desk are not lined up.

I just generally have to fix stuff if it is not the way that I left it and it is mine.
Old 11-14-2010 at 03:29 PM   #73
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLB0T View Post
I can't stand it when my bed isn't made, or when beds around me aren't made.

I can't stand it when blankets are all smushed up and not folded.
You would hate my room then
Old 11-14-2010 at 03:35 PM   #74
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Either I have no quirks, or I'm one giant quirk. Havn't decided yet..
Old 11-14-2010 at 03:43 PM   #75
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Either I have no quirks, or I'm one giant quirk. Haven't decided yet..
I don't know if mine count as quirks or just being oddly neat in certain ways. I don't obsess over certain numbers or count the number of times I do something.