MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need some sleep. Rakim Music 6 10-07-2010 10:04 AM
Sleep... xxsumz General Discussion 11 09-17-2010 01:57 AM
How many hours of sleep per night do you need to feel refreshed? Kathy2 General Discussion 32 12-13-2009 05:28 PM
Is sleep really necessary? paul Misc 7 10-17-2008 07:28 PM

How do you sleep at night?

Old 11-13-2010 at 04:45 PM   #16
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
I rented my own place the last 2 years of school. I had a bachelor apt for $590/month and a 1 bedroom for $650/month. Both included heat and water, but no electricity. These were in west Hamilton, but they get a bit cheaper downtown or in crappier buildings, if you're feeling... adventurous.
sounds pretty good, do you get 8-month leases for it?

Quote:
Before it was deleted, uh some short rant about you being too scared to confront your roommates the same way you're too scared to confront him about something offensive you said to him.. or something like that (i think in some reference to another post?). Colourfully worded it was
and [email protected] trying to troll an internet forum
Old 11-13-2010 at 05:03 PM   #17
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
sounds pretty good, do you get 8-month leases for it?

and [email protected] trying to troll an internet forum
They were 12 months, you might have a tougher time finding 8 month agreements. However, many will let you sublet if you desire.

Last edited by ViktorVaughn : 11-13-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-13-2010 at 05:04 PM   #18
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Well that didn't work.. stupid invisible posts.
Old 11-13-2010 at 05:35 PM   #19
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Reminded me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bsXRqI1WbI
Old 11-13-2010 at 05:44 PM   #20
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
They were 12 months, you might have a tougher time finding 8 month agreements. However, many will let you sublet if you desire.
o ok, thx

/12char
Old 11-14-2010 at 02:52 PM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
For the past few years I've been at Mac, I haven't lived in a decent house where there weren't annoying housemates or neighbours who blasted music until 2-4am even on school nights. I've usually used ear-plugs but they aren't effective at all against bass and usually I'm up until the music stops because of it. Does anybody else have this problem and what do you do to sleep?
Growing up as an only child, I never realized how quiet my house was until I moved into one with four other girls. I had an awful time trying to get to sleep in my second year, but finally started to get used to it by third year. Some of it I realized after actually wasn't me: my housemates were being inconsiderate, but that's beside the point.

I find that if I drink chamomile tea, it knocks me out within about 20 minutes. So I do that now if I'm having trouble sleeping. And I often have trouble sleeping...I have insomnia issues.

Living by yourself can help, as mentioned. But it also depends on your neighbours. If you have loud ones it's not really much better. I rented a basement apt in Westdale last year for $575/month plus internet and phone (everything else was included, but I opted to not buy cable).

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 11-14-2010 at 03:38 PM   #22
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

I love drinking chamomile or some warm milk (with a little chocolate...not too sweet). It helps tons. You also can't be too stuffed, and can't be hungry either. I know you usually feel sleepy after eating a big meal, but try not to go to sleep. You'll feel awful.

Usually, the best way for me to fall asleep is wake till I get really exhausted (till around 1:30am~2:00am), probably by listening to music or just surfing (I wouldn't recommend doing work 'cuz you're not gonna take anything in). However, I feel like crap when I wake up i the morning.

I realized (or rather re-witnessed) that you feel a lot better if you go to sleep early (10:00pm~11:00pm), and wake up early. You'll initially be a *lot* hungrier during the day though, but it's not a big deal if you have the time to eat often.
Old 11-14-2010 at 04:57 PM   #23
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Growing up as an only child, I never realized how quiet my house was until I moved into one with four other girls. I had an awful time trying to get to sleep in my second year, but finally started to get used to it by third year. Some of it I realized after actually wasn't me: my housemates were being inconsiderate, but that's beside the point.

I find that if I drink chamomile tea, it knocks me out within about 20 minutes. So I do that now if I'm having trouble sleeping. And I often have trouble sleeping...I have insomnia issues.

Living by yourself can help, as mentioned. But it also depends on your neighbours. If you have loud ones it's not really much better. I rented a basement apt in Westdale last year for $575/month plus internet and phone (everything else was included, but I opted to not buy cable).
think i'll try the tea, thanks! and ive also been thinking about getting a really loud fan that might drown out the sound
Old 11-14-2010 at 05:00 PM   #24
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
think i'll try the tea, thanks! and ive also been thinking about getting a really loud fan that might drown out the sound
I use white noise too.

About the tea: I find I'm not a big fan of the taste, so you may want to add some honey.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

ShouldBeStudying says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 11-14-2010 at 05:18 PM   #25
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
I use white noise too.

About the tea: I find I'm not a big fan of the taste, so you may want to add some honey.
do you use a white noise machine or speakers?
Old 11-14-2010 at 06:24 PM   #26
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
do you use a white noise machine or speakers?
Nope. Just some music on low, or a fan.

They have white noise machines now?

Old 11-14-2010 at 06:50 PM   #27
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
Nope. Just some music on low, or a fan.

They have white noise machines now?
lol yah, weird machines that make a fan-noise for 50 bucks-i think i might just go with a 20 dollar fan