MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any family doctors around campus? omgwtfitsp General Discussion 5 12-29-2012 02:46 PM
Can I bring a doctors note for missing a midterm with 30%+ weight? ZSimon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-09-2012 02:20 PM
Is there any eye doctors/ glasses repair shop on campus? cmkc109 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-11-2012 10:22 PM

Doctors

Old 02-08-2013 at 08:01 AM   #1
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Doctors
Hello everyone!

It's a snow day! Yay!

Is the student wellness centre closed? I couldn't find anything specifically about it in that long snow day policy document. It said something about patient care, but I got the impression that that was something to do with the hospital. I tried calling, but no answer.

So if anyone knows, please tell me so that I know for sure.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2013 at 08:42 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

This question was posted on another thread too, I think if no one is answering the phones then chances are they're closed (since no one is actually there to answer), but I guess all you can do is keep trying to call. If you're close by and it's relatively easy for you to walk over and check then that's an option too.
Old 02-08-2013 at 08:58 AM   #3
laura1265

Liked: 7 Times

They are closed

Allana:) says thanks to laura1265 for this post.
Old 02-11-2013 at 12:08 PM   #4
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana:) View Post
Hello everyone!

It's a snow day! Yay!

Is the student wellness centre closed? I couldn't find anything specifically about it in that long snow day policy document. It said something about patient care, but I got the impression that that was something to do with the hospital. I tried calling, but no answer.

So if anyone knows, please tell me so that I know for sure.

Thanks!
One would have assumed that not answering their phones during regular business hours might have been a clue that they arent open... the lacking capability of people to make judgements and arrive at sensible conclusions for themselves is kind of disappointing lol
Old 02-11-2013 at 01:59 PM   #5
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
One would have assumed that not answering their phones during regular business hours might have been a clue that they arent open... the lacking capability of people to make judgements and arrive at sensible conclusions for themselves is kind of disappointing lol
I'm perfectly capable of making judgements for myself. Sometimes receptionists are too busy to answer the phone, and the machine did say that they were open. And I didn't want to risk being charged for missing my appointment. What's the harm in asking if someone would know for sure?

Also, was it in any way productive for you to tell me how disappointed in my lack of ability you are? I respectfully believe not.

Farhan likes this.
Old 02-11-2013 at 02:43 PM   #6
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana:) View Post
I'm perfectly capable of making judgements for myself. Sometimes receptionists are too busy to answer the phone, and the machine did say that they were open. And I didn't want to risk being charged for missing my appointment. What's the harm in asking if someone would know for sure?

Also, was it in any way productive for you to tell me how disappointed in my lack of ability you are? I respectfully believe not.
Allana,

Ignore Chris. That is all I have to say to you. Don't even take his comments into consideration.