MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mohawk 1Z03 lorend 1st Year Course Reviews 2 12-03-2011 07:34 PM
Bus from Mohawk college campus to Mac? Flash AhhAhh Automotive & Transportation 8 09-05-2011 12:06 PM
Mohawk > Btech > Masters wanna b eng. Academics 23 02-23-2011 10:16 AM
Mohawk language course. What is it like? raine Academics 8 11-28-2008 06:27 PM
SUM 41 is at Mohawk College THURSDAY! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-11-2008 07:22 AM

does anyone know if marketing is good in mohawk

Old 05-10-2013 at 08:02 AM   #1
sally

Liked: 0 Times

does anyone know if marketing is good in mohawk
I am transfering from mcmaster uni commerce to mohawk marketing anyone know if this program is good, or you know people who have tooken it? and do you get a decent or good job right away please and thank you

let me know what other business programs in mohawk are good
Old 05-10-2013 at 09:11 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I'm sorry that I can't help you but your use of the word 'tooken' has made me smile this morning, thank you.

Old 05-10-2013 at 09:33 AM   #3
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 132 Times

Why Mohawk? There are several other programs that might be good options to transfer into. I've known a few people who have gone through Guelph Humber for business and have done well. Ryerson's business program is very hand-on and might be a good option too. Do you mind me asking why you are transferring?

jim1 likes this.
Old 05-10-2013 at 10:25 AM   #4
sally

All the other universities are far, and I have a 3.5 gpa in mcmaster in commerce, and I have no interest in other subjects
Old 05-10-2013 at 10:26 AM   #5
sally

I don't want to transfer to any other subjects I just don't have interest in them, I was thinking mohawk college marketing, do you know if this is a good option
Old 05-10-2013 at 11:33 AM   #6
rpg51
Elite Member

Liked: 139 Times

Honestly I wouldn't transfer to Mohawk for Marketing. If you are thinking of transferring go to a school that is more business oriented like Sheridan, Humber or Seneca. Look for a co-op option too

Commie42, RyanC like this.
Old 05-10-2013 at 01:18 PM   #7
sally

Yeah but mohawk has a coop program as well and I've read their graduate summary they make decent amount of money and their employment rate is 93% look at this http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/Assets/Documents/Research+Docs+(KPI$!2 c+OSAP$!2c+Grad)/GraduateEmployment201 0-11.pdf
Old 05-10-2013 at 01:19 PM   #8
sally

what's wrong with mohawk college though, and to be honest mohawk is much close to my house then sheridan and seneca and to be honest I want to go somewhere near
Old 05-10-2013 at 01:22 PM   #9
islytt

Liked: 5 Times

Mohawk is a good college I believe.
Old 05-10-2013 at 01:23 PM   #10
sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by islytt View Post
Mohawk is a good college I believe.
What makes you say that
Old 05-10-2013 at 02:46 PM   #11
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/about/re...-results.html#

Mohawk on being a good college.
Old 05-10-2013 at 03:30 PM   #12
rpg51
Elite Member

Liked: 139 Times

You shouldn't read into average salary statistics too much, actually you shouldn't at all. Mohawk is known more for engineering technology, not so much business. There insurance program is pretty good, but don't go there fore marketing. Marketing is hard enough to get into with a degree, a diploma from Mohawk will not offer many opportunities.
Old 05-10-2013 at 05:05 PM   #13
sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg51 View Post
You shouldn't read into average salary statistics too much, actually you shouldn't at all. Mohawk is known more for engineering technology, not so much business. There insurance program is pretty good, but don't go there fore marketing. Marketing is hard enough to get into with a degree, a diploma from Mohawk will not offer many opportunities.
Thanks so not many opportunities will come... meaning I most likely will be searching a job for a few years after graduation? See I can't take the insurance course...do you know any other suggestions for business or anything else good in mohawk college ? that you know i can transfer my credits to there and they would accept me
Old 05-10-2013 at 05:06 PM   #14
sally

Even in marketing their statistics did say that they have 92 % of employment chance
Old 05-10-2013 at 05:11 PM   #15
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally View Post
Even in marketing their statistics did say that they have 92 % of employment chance
Yes, but are they employed in marketing? It seems you really are looking for a justification for your switch and you really want to fight it. As others have said, Mohawk is not a business-oriented school -- just like McMaster isn't a humanities-oriented school, but people still pursue those degrees. Mohawk is a 'healthcare/technical/hands-on oriented' school, take marketing if you want.

What I will say is the networking aspect of Mohawk is interesting; a lot of start-ups are popping out of the graduates/alumni-oriented events and other things. StartupHamilton, DemoCamp, StartupDrinks are all wonderful networking opportunities where you can get right into 'doing' what you want to do without worry about the schooling aspect. A few start-up successes I've encountered have either began with business guys from Mohawk, or the people have said 'I really should have started marketing sooner. Take that as you will.