MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is a "true title"? Yakattack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 10-13-2010 11:09 AM
"I'll have a bottle of True Blood, O-negative." Entropy Movies & Television 11 08-19-2010 10:45 AM
Mass Effect 2 ShouldBeStudying Gaming 11 01-19-2010 09:02 PM
weird but true!!!! joset2 General Discussion 1 06-14-2007 02:52 PM

Does anyone know if this is still in effect/true?

Old 03-07-2011 at 11:00 PM   #1
tigerize8

Liked: 7 Times

Does anyone know if this is still in effect/true?
"2010 UNDERGRADUATE SUMMER SEMESTER PASS

McMaster Undergraduate students now have the option of purchasing a Summer Semester Transit Pass for MSU students enrolled for the four (4) month summer semester, beginning May 1, 2010. This Pass may be purchased through the McMaster Students Union only for $284.00 for the four (4) month period May 1, 2010 to August 31, 2010. The Pass must be presented to an operator along with your McMaster Student Identification Card, which has an HSR validation sticker expiring April 30, 2010."

link

xD 284$ < 348$

EDIT:
INEQUALITY FIXED

i know the maths i swearz >.<

Last edited by tigerize8 : 03-07-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2011 at 11:35 PM   #2
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerize8 View Post
xD 284$ > 348$
/tries not to fix the inequality

This deal's been around for a few summers now, so it's very likely to come back. It doesn't seem that popular though; I'm a Hamilton resident and I've found that buying tickets is more efficient, even including the round trip when I take summer classes.
Old 03-07-2011 at 11:48 PM   #3
tigerize8

Liked: 7 Times

mmm i usually use bus tickets in the summer; but I'm going to have to use the bus 2x a day, 5 days a week busing from dundas to downtown for work may-august xD

& i shall not attempt to figure out whats the better deal *sigh* or you'll have to deal with more "tries not to fix the maths"

Old 03-08-2011 at 12:14 AM   #4
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerize8 View Post
mmm i usually use bus tickets in the summer; but I'm going to have to use the bus 2x a day, 5 days a week busing from dundas to downtown for work may-august xD

& i shall not attempt to figure out whats the better deal *sigh* or you'll have to deal with more "tries not to fix the maths"
I did the math.

With the Summer Pass, you end up spending $17.75 a week. If it cost you $2 per ticket, going 10 times a week, you save $2.25 per week.

Or about $36 for the 4 months. Doesn't seems much eh?
Old 03-08-2011 at 04:38 AM   #5
Ziggi

Liked: 2 Times

I was wondering about summer bus passes

I was wishfully thinking that they gave it out as part of your tuition fees, like during the year. Alas.