MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medical Radiation Sciences program = Hardest undergrad program ? mastercool First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 11-27-2011 10:27 PM
First Year Medical Radiation Sciences aw07 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 82 10-24-2011 10:03 PM
Medical Radiation Science Vs Medical Physics and Applied Radiation Sciences Kajee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 10-24-2011 09:02 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Seven: Medical Radiation Sciences Program jhan523 Faculty & Program Series 1 09-05-2009 12:53 AM

How does each year at McMaster's Medical Radiation program work?

Members have rated post #369527 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 05-21-2013 at 05:54 PM   #16
dsalvatore

Liked: 67 Times

The unfortunate thing about Med Rad is that when you fail a course, the best case scenario is losing a year. With general first year courses, you can make them up in the summer (if they're provided). However, you are not guaranteed a place in that second year class. The rest of the class gets their specialization in May, so I'm not sure how they decide whether or not to let that student back in. In upper years, since all of those courses are specialized and get offered only once a year, you will be able to repeat that course the following year. So you will be a year behind, unfortunately :(

If at any time you drop below the minimum required average (I believe it's a 5), you are definitely out of the program. There's actually some lee-way though, so if it's only a small drop, you get put on academic probation. That way, you're given a chance to pull up your average over the following semester before a decision is made regarding your academic standing.

On the other had, it's REALLY not as daunting as I just made it sound. It's a tough program but you will find help everywhere

Help will always be given at McMaster to those who ask for it

Sorry, I had to.

Anyways, yah. The profs are super helpful and super available and it's such a small class that you will form little tight-knit groups that will be very handy when it comes to studying/working on projects =)

Amaryll likes this.