MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exam time table up 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 10-16-2011 09:16 PM
Time Table JayChu Academics 65 08-09-2011 10:12 AM
Time table lin_aj Academics 3 08-09-2011 04:40 AM
Need help with my time table. thisisje First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-12-2010 10:48 PM
on my time table... sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2008 11:35 AM

How does my time table look?

Old 06-10-2013 at 06:09 PM   #1
daftypatty

Liked: 0 Times

How does my time table look?
Any suggestions/advice would be great! (Regarding which times for certain courses may be better, whether or not I should try spread the classes out more/less, etc...)
I was also wondering if it matters whether or not your core, tutorial, and lab numbers are different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg time table 2.jpg (222.1 KB, 177 views)
Old 06-10-2013 at 06:26 PM   #2
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftypatty View Post
Any suggestions/advice would be great! (Regarding which times for certain courses may be better, whether or not I should try spread the classes out more/less, etc...)
I was also wondering if it matters whether or not your core, tutorial, and lab numbers are different.
Your first semester looks really good, just an FYI, your chem labs and tutorials are biweekly, so it can be in the same time as your lab slot if you want, or you are free to go to any tutorial you want.

Your second semester looks like you'll be having really long days, I don't think it's something you can change though, it's just the way the courses fall this year.

Just a suggestion, maybe move your physics tutorial to monday morning if you can, I think it would free up a lot of time on Wednesday.
Old 06-10-2013 at 07:33 PM   #3
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

if possible, try to take bio 1a03 with zhu and your life will be so much easier.
Old 06-10-2013 at 08:09 PM   #4
LauraV
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 11 Times

Good choice going with Lock for second semester chem!! LOVED HER. Brock is really good as well (more so for first semester). I disagree with the post above about going with zhu tho...there are obviously pros and cons to both profs (first year bios ruined biology for me) but id say keep kajiura. they used to teach a split course and the second they switched over to zhu...EVERYONE stopped going to class. all she did was read straight from the slides and you dont need to go to class to do that. so if you want to do all the learning and memorizing on your own then shes fine....if you wanna actually have a LECTURER...go for kajiura. she tries to get people engaged and you are forced to take notes---which pays off in the long run because you actually learn something. not everyone loves her for that but everyone can pretty much agree that zhu is definitely not a lecturer at all and that she does NOTHING to get you prepared.
Old 06-10-2013 at 08:54 PM   #5
daftypatty

Hey, thanks for the inputs guys. Just to clarify, I did NOT take in consideration of the professors teaching the courses when I was making this... But the above comments (about which professors are good/bad) are nice So thanks! Any more suggestions regarding professors?
Old 06-10-2013 at 09:14 PM   #6
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

well zhu is super boring and you will probably not have to attend class as her notes are a lot better than kajiuras. Also, Zhu's tests are much more straight forward.

I also hated first year bio immensely...but if I had to do it over again, I would choose Zhu over Kajiura in a heartbeat.
Old 06-10-2013 at 09:27 PM   #7
daftypatty

Oh really? Do you think I can just try to obtain Zhus tests? Or are the tests/assessments different?
Old 06-10-2013 at 09:38 PM   #8
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftypatty View Post
Oh really? Do you think I can just try to obtain Zhus tests? Or are the tests/assessments different?
Zhu's notes were good, but you can always obtain them from someone else.

Her tests are easier, but she only taught the Molecular Genetics part of the course, I'm not sure how her testing would be for the Cell Biology part, it could be harder and very random for all we know, since Dr. Zhu never taught that part of the course before.

I think Dr. Kaijura is better, but that's my opinion, I agree with Laura, Dr. K is a lecturer, and I loved going to Bio 1A03 when she taught it, didn't really like it when Dr. Zhu taught it (but she's really nice).

And the assessments will be different.
Old 06-10-2013 at 09:47 PM   #9
daftypatty

I see. For a course, is the listed professor going to be the lecturer for the entire duration of that course or do the professors change for certain topics?
Old 06-10-2013 at 09:54 PM   #10
*spark*

Liked: 55 Times

Dr. Kajiura teaches the first half and Dr. Zhu teaches the second half. If you take bio 1a03 or 1m03 in the summer though, Dr. Kajiura teaches the whole term.
Old 06-10-2013 at 09:55 PM   #11
kaytuh

Liked: 6 Times

I see you used all 5 electives to take pre-med courses
I would say try to minimize 1 hour breaks because you can't really do anything in that time. Too short to go back to res and take a nap but too long to just sit there until the next class. If you can, change your lab from semester 1 to a later time because waking up early for a Chemistry lab at 8:30 is no fun.

And yes, the listed professor is the lecturer for the entire duration.
Old 06-10-2013 at 10:19 PM   #12
daftypatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytuh View Post
I see you used all 5 electives to take pre-med courses
I would say try to minimize 1 hour breaks because you can't really do anything in that time. Too short to go back to res and take a nap but too long to just sit there until the next class. If you can, change your lab from semester 1 to a later time because waking up early for a Chemistry lab at 8:30 is no fun.

And yes, the listed professor is the lecturer for the entire duration.
Yup! Haha, yeah I tried to minimize those as much as possible... And I don't know because I thought I would rather prefer an earlier lab session than a late one where I could be studying.. :/ I thought I would be fine with waking up at 8 everyday haha but everyone seems to be stressing that morning labs are awful!

Also, if the labs are biweekly, does our first lab start in the first week of school or the latter week? Is this biweekly labs also the reason why I could overlap tutorials and labs together in the timetable generator without a conflict? :/ (Not shown in mine but I was testing it out)
Old 06-10-2013 at 10:41 PM   #13
LauraV
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 11 Times

for Math 1LS3 i would get Lovric if you can..hes really good. and the only other class on there ive taken is Physics 1L03 but im pretty sure nejat is the only teacher this year for it unfortunately
Old 06-10-2013 at 10:49 PM   #14
Danielrus

Liked: 9 Times

1LS3 math Clements > every other teacher
Old 06-10-2013 at 11:07 PM   #15
daftypatty

I've read from the professor reviews that both Clements and Lovric are great so I hope I'll be fine with either