MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some advice -life science related Sultan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 12-29-2009 11:48 PM
Need some laptop advice for life sci. Sultan Computers & Tech 8 08-16-2009 05:14 PM

I don't know what to do with my life...any advice?

Old 12-09-2010 at 06:42 PM   #16
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

A couple of the universites in ontario that offer bachelors of education look for math and physics teacher application before any other degree. Therefore you get a bit of advantage if your marks/ experience is lacking. Secondly there is a"demand" for physics and math teachers. I say "demand" because even though all positions are filled there isn't very many leftover teachers applying for new teaching positions (in comparison to English).

If you want to be a physics teacher then aim for being a physics teacher. If anyone discourages you than tell those people to go screw off.

BTW from what research i've done you'll need minimum of upper second class marks (77%+ average) and depending on the university an x amount of experience in some form of teaching (camp counselor tutoring etc...) to apply to teacher's college

manap3000, psps all say thanks to thedog123123 for this post.

macsci likes this.
Old 12-09-2010 at 07:36 PM   #17
jordan19

Liked: 19 Times

you need to grab a bag of shrooms and go to the joshua tree. important life decisions are made there

Alchemist11 says thanks to jordan19 for this post.

Alchemist11, Mahratta like this.
Old 12-09-2010 at 07:49 PM   #18
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I don't know what to do with my life either.

edit/

What life?
Old 12-09-2010 at 08:47 PM   #19
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan19 View Post
you need to grab a bag of shrooms and go to the joshua tree. important life decisions are made there
Word is bond shrooms reveals you to yourself. I think everyone should do it once in a nature setting (forest, stream, park, etc.) when they are adults. In fact I remember reading about some society where this was commonplace (somewhere in Africa if I recall?). Once is enough though.
Old 12-09-2010 at 09:41 PM   #20
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowHere View Post
Word is bond shrooms reveals you to yourself. I think everyone should do it once in a nature setting (forest, stream, park, etc.) when they are adults. In fact I remember reading about some society where this was commonplace (somewhere in Africa if I recall?). Once is enough though.
This post isn't cryptic enough.

Old 12-09-2010 at 09:51 PM   #21
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
This post isn't cryptic enough.
I am probably wrong but, I think he's suggesting a spirit walk. You know how in some cultures before a male is considered an adult they are sent into the wilderness on a journey, often to experience some form of vision? I think that's what he was getting at. They also seem to be suggesting magic shrooms, but that's hardly good advice.

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 12-09-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2010 at 09:51 PM   #22
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Rage quit.

siefer1322 likes this.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:35 PM   #23
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I am probably wrong but, I think he's suggesting a spirit walk. You know how in some cultures before a male is considered an adult they are sent into the wilderness on a journey, often to experience some form of vision? I think that's what he was getting at. They also seem to be suggesting magic shrooms, but that's hardly good advice.
Yes, evidence that the post wasn't cryptic enough, given the poster's standards.