MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medical Radiation Sciences program = Hardest undergrad program ? mastercool First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 11-27-2011 10:27 PM
The Faculty and Program Series Part Nine: The Arts and Sciences Program lorend Academics 0 09-20-2009 08:16 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Seven: Medical Radiation Sciences Program jhan523 Faculty & Program Series 1 09-05-2009 12:53 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Two: The Indigenous Studies Program lorend Faculty & Program Series 9 08-24-2009 02:56 PM

Don't like my program

Old 07-04-2013 at 08:06 AM   #1
ExploreJQ

Liked: 0 Times

Don't like my program
I am going into 3rd year Life Science but I really don't like my program. This past term (Winter 2013) I failed 2 courses (lack of interest and motivation). I really enjoyed human anatomy and physiology but I know with my C.A. for Mac Kinesiology is not good enough, as is the case probably for most other programs. I also love Mac and don't want to change schools. Mac makes it so hard to even select courses I like because they all fill up to capacity SO fast.

Do I have any options ?

Appreciate all suggestions and input
Old 07-04-2013 at 09:25 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

It sort of depends how bad your average is. If it's mediocre but just not good enough to transfer anywhere, then you should just suck it up and work hard this year regardless of your interest level in the courses, so that you can transfer. If there's no possible way your average will improve enough to transfer into any program, then it looks like you're stuck where you are, particularly if switching schools isn't an option.

You should probably see an academic advisor, but I doubt they can do any more than possibly help you get seats in some courses you're interested in.