MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
student card help SJ1993 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-09-2011 11:58 AM
Will i lose my spot?? laura03125 Residence & Housing 4 07-01-2010 01:56 PM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM
Student Card smiles General Discussion 7 08-17-2009 06:37 PM

Don't lose your student card on a friday.

Old 02-11-2012 at 08:16 AM   #16
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Sometimes people are really nice and turn in a student card, like mine whenever I lost it with the rest of my wallet. But whenever I went into the security office to get my wallet there was another girl in there getting her wallet back. When they brought out the wallet with her student card in it she said it was her student card but it wasn't her wallet. The student card was the one she had lost a couple months before, and someone else had found it and had apparently decided to keep in their own wallet.

Old 02-11-2012 at 04:37 PM   #17
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterFett View Post
It works just like a credit card. If you notice someone fraudulently bought $300 worth of books with your student card you simply go dispute it. They keep the signature receipt for this very reason. They present you the receipt, you say that is not your signature, and the liability is on them to remove the charges from your account.
it's too much of a hassle to deal with disputing charges later. they should just allow us to cancel our own cards in the first place before any of this happens.

and that still doesn't eliminate the possibility of someone borrowing library books on your card and never returning them. there's no signature to dispute there.
(although I'm not sure how that works, do you need to enter your pin or do you just scan your card?)
Old 02-11-2012 at 05:27 PM   #18
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
it's too much of a hassle to deal with disputing charges later. they should just allow us to cancel our own cards in the first place before any of this happens.

and that still doesn't eliminate the possibility of someone borrowing library books on your card and never returning them. there's no signature to dispute there.
(although I'm not sure how that works, do you need to enter your pin or do you just scan your card?)
When I go to rent a course reserve (cant be taken out of the library) they scan the card. Librarian doesn't really look at the card to match the picture..
Old 02-11-2012 at 07:43 PM   #19
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
I don't even know where the security office is in the musc :|
It's behind compass, I think the door is on the left side if you're facing compass
Old 02-12-2012 at 01:33 PM   #20
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

Student employee here

Student Cards
Student cards are the property of the registrar's office. If they are turned into lost and found on their own, they are deposited at the registrar's office.

MUSC Office
Thats the office I work out. It does not contain lost and found! (Please don't knock on my door )

Lost and Found
Lost and Found is located in the E.T. Clarke Centre (the building with the large smoke stack). If you've lost something the best action to do is to file a lost report at http://security.mcmaster.ca/lost_found.html. Keep in mind it usually takes a day or so for something to make it into lost and found.