SC Players WesPalladini Gaming 0 10-20-2009 05:04 PM
Looking for a fifth DotA player. Infester Gaming 0 03-11-2009 01:04 PM
Floor Hockey players needed Inferno31 General Discussion 0 10-30-2008 03:16 PM

DotA players

Old 09-04-2008 at 10:43 AM   #1
Infester

Liked: 2 Times

DotA players
So I was wondering what players here play dota how long they have been playing and at what level they have played... eg, leagues tournaments ESWC and so forth.
Old 09-04-2008 at 02:21 PM   #2
kevinf

I dont know how many gamers check this forum, but from my experience hosting lan parties, ive had quite a few DOTA players, but most were recreational. I will openly say, im not very good at DOTA. On the other hand, we had a few great players, such as Chris from last year, unsure if hes still around to LAN though, we shall see. Also, at Clubsfest, i lost track of how many players asked about DOTA, so it seems theres a high demand, some of whom were probally more of the tournament / league material.

-Kevin
Old 09-05-2008 at 10:20 PM   #3
AllenL

Liked: 1 Time

PM me to play Dota
I'm free MOST of the time.
Old 09-08-2008
girscex
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-09-2008 at 12:18 AM   #4
Omas

Liked: 0 Times

Anyone heard of Garena? able to play online WC3 without a valid cd key... could start up a small group inside MLC for some dota competitions . I'd be happy to help set it up, I'd setup MacWOW before for world of warcraft but the majority of the players were personal friends of mine because no one wants to succumb the the wow addiction haha. But setting up 5v5 matches on/off campus would be fine/easy... On campus = reznet... Offcampus = Garena...

for those who dont know, Garena is a program (free) that you install, and make an account (also free, woo 2 for the price of nothing!) and u can login to servers that hold up to 225 people, when u connect to a server, the garena server assigns u an ip, and the other 224 peopel ips connecting u together seeming it so u guys are on LAN. so when u load up the game, you would click Local Area Network and you could see eachothers games there regardless of where you are. I do this already and peopel play with others around the world.

It'd be nice to have some macmaster competition though if anyones up for it, it wont take long at all to setup some Dota nights
Old 09-09-2008 at 05:13 AM   #5
kevinf

so its a new Hamachi?

NIce to see you found the forum omas

Sometime during the year, their will be dota tournament, for prize or 50% of entry fee (working on it)... and their will be LAN Parties during the year which will definately have a dota server running.

thanks for the new soft suggestion
Old 09-09-2008 at 07:37 AM   #6
Infester

On Garena i helped run a league called DxD intermediate check out the link dxdin.gamebend.com and the channel is under europe for warcraft 3 dota.
Old 09-09-2008 at 11:55 AM   #7
Omas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf View Post

Sometime during the year, their will be dota tournament, for prize or 50% of entry fee (working on it)
prize eh :O gonna look for people to play with on my team then haha. actually i cant wait till the first LAN party, im gonna steal my freinds laptops and bring them there so i force them to come and play dota LOL!
Old 09-10-2008 at 09:20 PM   #8
PeaceOut

Im pretty decent at dota, played for a few years on off, but ive never really played on LAN (Unless u count garena), so i have no idea how it works. Can someone explain to me the process of setting up LAN games? Im all for getting together and meeting new people
Old 09-10-2008 at 09:32 PM   #9
Omas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut View Post
Im pretty decent at dota, played for a few years on off, but ive never really played on LAN (Unless u count garena), so i have no idea how it works. Can someone explain to me the process of setting up LAN games? Im all for getting together and meeting new people
maclanclub is gonna have lan parties hosted somewehre on campus, just bring ur pc/laptop and hook up, theres routers there, and i think u bring ur own ethernet to get plugged into one of them and voila, open up wc3, go to local area network and everyone is playing in the same room, on LAN

I talked to kevin and he said first lan party would be around sept 30th?
Old 09-16-2008 at 09:23 AM   #10
Enders_Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infester View Post
On Garena i helped run a league called DxD intermediate check out the link dxdin.gamebend.com and the channel is under europe for warcraft 3 dota.
Are you vouched in dxdi? O.o

I only play leagues but not competitive play, just random scrims with random friends every now and then.

Bnet nn- Enders_Game
GGC nn- Enders_Shadow
if you wanna add me and play sometime

Last edited by Enders_Game : 09-16-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2008 at 06:19 PM   #11
SLaYaH

If you guys do decide to have a lan tournament contact me (:
Old 09-19-2008 at 06:44 PM   #12
K.N.

Ya Right I Am Ranked #1 In The World Who Wants To Play Against Me I Choose You Enders_game
Old 09-23-2008 at 02:13 PM   #13
SugarySnack

I don't even know what Dota is :S.
Old 09-23-2008 at 05:34 PM   #14
Omas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarySnack View Post
I don't even know what Dota is :S.
ever played warcraft 3? world of warcraft even? it kinda mixes the two