90%90%90%
Clarity
100%100%100%
Overall Rating
100%100%100%
Average 95%
Thumbs up Dr. Childs

Dr. Childs is the man.
Stats was as a result cake. He is unbelievably funny and although his writing may pose problems for some there is no doubt that he will make you understand what he is teaching. I thoroughly enjoyed going to Stats 1CC3, as many did, the lecture room had to be changed to a bigger one due to the overload of students, people from other sections were coming into his.
Took second year stats just because of him, and he's teaching it, hope it'll be good as well.

He's a good prof, and you'll enjoy your time in Class.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Dr. Childs!

Old 06-24-2008 at 03:29 PM   #2
nikki12

Liked: 0 Times
Childs I had him for MATH NO3 and MATH HO3.You will always enjoy his classes and he teaches so well that if you revise after coming back you will never have any problem in his course.His office hours are there everyday.His classes are fun and during the start of the term it is not an unusual seen if you see students sitting on the floor throughout the lecture hall.You will always see students rushing through all the doors even before the previous class end to make sure they get a sit in the lecture hall .I would say that you miss a lot at Mac if u do not have him as ur prof. during ur university life .

Old 06-24-2008 at 10:25 PM   #3
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times
Dr. Childs is probably the best math prof at Mac. I had him for 1N03 & 1NN3 and he made calc soo much fun, with all his corny but funny jokes. His class was probably the only class I made sure I attended because he is just that good at teaching lol. He writes large on the board, has such a clear and loud voice, and explains concepts extremely well. One thing I really liked about him was how helpful he was. He would always answer ALL the questions students asked, no matter how many times it had already been asked before, and he's the only prof I know who has office hrs every day. Yes, and don't be surprised if you find yourself sitting on the stairways -- at one point there would be a long line just to get in the lecture hall. I would really advise taking his section!

Old 07-10-2008 at 01:53 PM   #4
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times
Dr. Childs is da man
I can attest to his great teaching skill

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search