Bio 2C03 Genetics marks sycoman Academics 10 05-13-2011 08:37 PM
Genetics 2C03 Textbook? mcgaffme Academics 4 06-19-2010 06:14 PM
Bio 2C03 Genetics SashDoods Academics 8 06-13-2010 08:17 PM

Dr. Gupta - Genetics (Bio 2C03)

Old 06-18-2013 at 11:49 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Dr. Gupta - Genetics (Bio 2C03)
EDIT: Dr. Dej is not teaching 2C03, it's Dr. Gupta and 2nd term is a prof, Dr. DaSilva (I think this person is new).

So any thoughts on Dr. Gupta for Genetics (or Dr. DaSilva if they are not a new prof)?

How are the tests - doable in the time given, are the averages really low?

if I do a lot of self study in the course is it manageable? I'm more concerned about the testing style of Dr. Gupta, because I've had profs before that can't teach well, but I still managed to do well in the class by studying on my own.
Old 06-19-2013 at 12:57 AM   #2
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

May I ask where you got the information about Dr. DaSilva? The official course calendar still says Dr. Dej is teaching second term, and there's no DaSilva listed on the Department of Biology's website.
Old 06-19-2013 at 01:13 AM   #3
naval23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
May I ask where you got the information about Dr. DaSilva? The official course calendar still says Dr. Dej is teaching second term, and there's no DaSilva listed on the Department of Biology's website.
Yeah, but according to that timetable, Dr. Dej is teaching both Life Sci 2G03 and Bio 2C03 (two different courses in different locations) at the same time. So I emailed her, and she said she is not teaching bio 2c03.

Then, I looked at the course outlines on the Biology websites, and for Bio 2C03 Term 2, they listed Dr. DaSilva as a prof.
Old 06-19-2013 at 01:54 PM   #4
jenpower

Liked: 7 Times

Gupta, for me, was really hard to understand in class because he has a thick accent, and he also clipped the microphone on the last button of his shirt. I'm pretty sure he used Dej's lecture notes, so I'm not sure if he'd do that again, but the notes were pretty clear and easy to understand. His tests questions were fair, although I remember Mihaela (IA) saying that she really just picked questions off a list for the tests so I'm not sure if they were actually written by Gupta.

naval23 says thanks to jenpower for this post.

kshk_s, naval23 like this.
Old 06-25-2013 at 02:40 PM   #5
naval23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenpower View Post
Gupta, for me, was really hard to understand in class because he has a thick accent, and he also clipped the microphone on the last button of his shirt. I'm pretty sure he used Dej's lecture notes, so I'm not sure if he'd do that again, but the notes were pretty clear and easy to understand. His tests questions were fair, although I remember Mihaela (IA) saying that she really just picked questions off a list for the tests so I'm not sure if they were actually written by Gupta.
Thanks so much, hopefully it goes well with Gupta.