MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hamilton Driving School near Mac Richa General Discussion 1 09-19-2010 04:28 PM
Driving schools in Hamilton? jchoi92 Automotive & Transportation 6 08-21-2010 01:10 PM
New Law: 21 and under must have zero alcohol while driving Chad MacInsiders Announcements 37 08-04-2010 02:37 PM
Guitar lessons **jewel 03** Music 48 01-10-2010 03:07 PM
Driving Lessons Richa Automotive & Transportation 19 01-03-2010 06:31 PM

Driving lessons

Old 04-01-2010 at 08:01 AM   #31
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Also watch out for No Right Turn On Red signs
Old 04-01-2010 at 09:07 AM   #32
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

screw driving ill just wait until im rich enough to hire a chauffer, in other words im too scared to do the driving test.
Old 04-01-2010 at 11:42 AM   #33
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19841984 View Post
I got one wrong on the G1... question was, what is the first thing you check before making a U turn...

Proper answer: check if there are any U-turn prohibited signs

My answer: check the turning radius of your car.

My logic is that even if you are allowed to make a U-turn, you won't be making one if your car doesn't fit! I don't see why I got that wrong... Shady ministry logic, I say!
Yeah, that totally applies to me. I need a FULL sidewalk to sidewalk span for a small four-lane road - the ones where parallel parked cars take up a lane, and even then it's VERY tight. Three point turns and swinging wide everywhere I go is always a necessity.

Hurray for full-size American cars!
Old 04-01-2010 at 12:35 PM   #34
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19841984 View Post
I got one wrong on the G1... question was, what is the first thing you check before making a U turn...

Proper answer: check if there are any U-turn prohibited signs

My answer: check the turning radius of your car.

My logic is that even if you are allowed to make a U-turn, you won't be making one if your car doesn't fit! I don't see why I got that wrong... Shady ministry logic, I say!
Their logic is that you should check if it's allowed before you even consider your ability to do it - for the driving tests, the law trumps all other considerations
Old 04-01-2010 at 02:31 PM   #35
maryam17

Liked: 2 Times

Hey, for my G2 I did it in Burlington because its easier since its not as busy. Keeping that in mind you can still go with a driving school from Hamilton since their instructors are very familiar with Burlington roads and will show you everthing.

If you need an instructor, both my dad and brother are driving instructors. Here are their numbers if you or anyone else is interested. You can always call and ask about details.

Sargon (dad) works for Westdale Driving School, his cell # is 905 921 2358

Mike (brother) works for Unipol Driving School, his cell # is 905 902 6319

Good Luck!