MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dropping a Course? Let Us Know! julianface Academics 2 07-30-2010 02:23 PM
Dropping Course Help! Cassanova Academics 1 05-11-2010 11:54 AM
Dropping a Course qwerty41231 Academics 2 04-08-2010 08:50 PM
course dropping?? neff Academics 6 11-08-2008 01:32 PM
Dropping a course... georgeb.1990 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-25-2008 10:40 AM

Dropping a Course

Old 11-05-2009 at 09:01 PM   #16
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
From the Faculty of Humanities (sent via email):

The course withdrawal deadline of November 6 has been changed due to the Strike by CUPE 3906, Unit 1. The revised date for course withdrawals will be one week after the end of the labour disruption or November 30, 2009, whichever is earlier. This change is in accordance with the Senate policy on the Rights and Responsibilities of Undergraduate Students During Work Stoppages that Substantially Disrupt Academic Activities (http://www.mcmaster.ca/senate/student/stoppage.htm).
Is this for all faculties?
Old 11-05-2009 at 09:17 PM   #17
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
Is this for all faculties?
http://dailynews.mcmaster.ca /worth....cfm?I D=5376

rrtt says thanks to FireDragoonX for this post.
Old 11-14-2009 at 08:52 PM   #18
lifesci09

Liked: 2 Times

Hey so i totally am not doign well in chem 1a03 right now
i failed the first midterm pretty badly and the second one i wrote on friday didnt go to well i think i barely passed so now the question remains is shoudl i drop it? if i get a 60 on the final exam then i get a 60 in the course but should i risk it? casue there is always a chance that i may not do well in the final exam. how is the final compared to the midterms for those who took chem 1a03? and is it better to drop the course or have a 60 in it? if i was to drop it i would take it in the summer so has anyone taken chem 1a03 in the summer? AHH super confused! please help someone!
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:39 PM   #19
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesci09 View Post
Hey so i totally am not doign well in chem 1a03 right now
i failed the first midterm pretty badly and the second one i wrote on friday didnt go to well i think i barely passed so now the question remains is shoudl i drop it? if i get a 60 on the final exam then i get a 60 in the course but should i risk it? casue there is always a chance that i may not do well in the final exam. how is the final compared to the midterms for those who took chem 1a03? and is it better to drop the course or have a 60 in it? if i was to drop it i would take it in the summer so has anyone taken chem 1a03 in the summer? AHH super confused! please help someone!
How well do you want to do in Chem? If you want a good mark, I recommend dropping the course and doing it in the summer (would be easier because it's only one course and you focus on just that subject). If you don't really care what mark you get and just want the credit and not lose any money, you can work very hard for the next few weeks. But... maybe this will take away from how well you do in other courses...
Old 11-15-2009 at 10:27 AM   #20
lifesci09

Liked: 2 Times

yea i think im gonna drop it
casue i feel like the time and effort im gonna put into making up for chem
and studying for it for the exam will take away how much time and effort i can put into my other courses so dropping chem is not a big deal right? i mean taking it in the summer will not matter? a course completed is still a course completed despite if i did it in the fall/winter term or summer? and becasue im gonan drop it it wont matter that i dont have a full course load this term? getting a low mark in chem is obviosuly worse than dropping it?
Old 11-15-2009 at 09:46 PM   #21
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

I'm thinking of dropping one course to "save" my gpa but doing so would give me a part-time load and I don't want to take an extra course next term. Anyone not looking to apply to those certain grad schools not taking a full course load? Why or why not?