MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
final mark MacJk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-03-2012 10:57 AM
FInal exams AM17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 11-05-2011 10:31 AM
final marks MacJk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 10-26-2011 08:48 PM
Stanley Cup Final Infinity General Discussion 18 06-16-2009 06:51 PM
Quarters - The Final Five temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 25 04-10-2009 11:10 AM

Dropping a Course Before a Final

Old 12-15-2013 at 01:03 AM   #16
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety View Post
I was clearly not talking about you nucleus, I said SOME of you. You were actually very nice to offer to help! I was more commenting on other people...who says "you should prob reconsider continuing in university" ...its one elective course.... Ive had a lot of friends take courses (myself included) because other ppl said they were a "bird" course, but we ended up not doing so well because we simply weren't interested in the topic.
Ha i kinda agree with this.
Just cus its bird to some doesnt mean it is to all
i personally found calculus to be the easiest course here @mac but not everyone agreed with me lol
Old 12-15-2013 at 03:52 AM   #17
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayy View Post
When i was taking 1st year econ i didnt go to a single class and my friends did the iclickers for me.
I still got an A+ in the course because the final exam was so easy.
I remember spending like 3 days to study for it and get 95ish on the exam.
If your exam is on Friday... that is MORE THAN ENOUGH time to study and ace the exam. You should even be able to listen to all the podcasts..

Nice to know you cheated...

YNWA says thanks to Alomar12 for this post.

Commie42, Craigolas, MacPack like this.
Old 12-16-2013 at 06:37 AM   #18
Alert Moderator & Admin
Add negative rating-5Add positive rank
The MI community has ranked down this post by naeD.
Click here to view it anyways.
Old 12-16-2013 at 07:35 AM   #19
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety View Post
I was clearly not talking about you nucleus, I said SOME of you. You were actually very nice to offer to help! I was more commenting on other people...who says "you should prob reconsider continuing in university" ...its one elective course.... Ive had a lot of friends take courses (myself included) because other ppl said they were a "bird" course, but we ended up not doing so well because we simply weren't interested in the topic.
The difference is intro to economics does not require you to understand fundamental concepts of economics, more so you just need to be able to do simple addition, subtraction and division. I completely agree with people who say that if you cant pass intro to econ, you should reconsider being in university. There are stumps in the ground that could pass that course!
Old 12-16-2013 at 11:30 AM   #20
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alomar12 View Post
Nice to know you cheated...
The primary goal of microeconomics is to learn to maximize subject to constraint.

Sounds like the poster did that. I'd say he got the point of the course pretty well xD
Old 12-16-2013 at 11:34 PM   #21
Alomar12

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeD View Post
Anytime I come on this board (once every fortnight, or so), you're always making pretentious posts.

Possibly: A manlet of peace

Pretentious? When did calling someone out on academic dishonesty become pretentious? I'm not even accusing the poster. They made their own admission.
Old 12-17-2013 at 12:10 AM   #22
onedayy

Quote:
Pretentious? When did calling someone out on academic dishonesty become pretentious? I'm not even accusing the poster. They made their own admission.
What you're saying is kinda pretentious to be honest.
Let's be honest here, are you sure that you have never used MSAF before? I highly doubt it.
To me, letting my friends do the clickers for me, which is worth <5%, is much more 'honest' than deferring some midterms that are worth way more than that.
Old 12-17-2013 at 12:39 AM   #23
science002

Liked: 4 Times

Don't drop the course now. Just give it your best
Old 12-17-2013 at 12:39 AM   #24
science002

Liked: 4 Times

Hey! No need to be discouraged. You have enough time to study and do well on the exam. Just study from her lecture slides and refer to the textbook if you don't get a concept. Look at the midterms and see where you might have gone wrong. You just need to understand a few topics, do a set of practice questions related to it, and you should be fine. A lot of the questions are asked in sets, like look at the figure and answer questions 1-5. So, understanding one concept really well might help a lot. And you can definitely do this. Good luck
Old 12-17-2013 at 12:44 AM   #25
Alomar12

Quote:
What you're saying is kinda pretentious to be honest.
Let's be honest here, are you sure that you have never used MSAF before? I highly doubt it.
To me, letting my friends do the clickers for me, which is worth <5%, is much more 'honest' than deferring some midterms that are worth way more than that.
I have a heart condition, so yes I have used MSAF before. Any respiratory issue (even some colds) can require that I stay home. I also used one when my grandfather died.

The fact that MSAF use is generally regarded as dishonest speaks more to the human condition than any one person.
Old 12-17-2013 at 01:38 AM   #26
onedayy

Quote:
I have a heart condition, so yes I have used MSAF before. Any respiratory issue (even some colds) can require that I stay home. I also used one when my grandfather died.

The fact that MSAF use is generally regarded as dishonest speaks more to the human condition than any one person.
Well, enough said.
MSAF is legit and asking a friend to do the clicker is not? lol
Old 12-17-2013 at 10:52 AM   #27
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Well, enough said.
MSAF is legit and asking a friend to do the clicker is not? lol
Are you really that ignorant to think a valid MSAF is the equivalent of giving someone your iclicker for a term cuz you are too lazy to get off your ass and attend lectures for free marks?
You really are making it easy to target you with your comments here. Sorry this person is attacking your comments with her ignorance Alomar!
Old 12-17-2013 at 03:31 PM   #28
onedayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Are you really that ignorant to think a valid MSAF is the equivalent of giving someone your iclicker for a term cuz you are too lazy to get off your ass and attend lectures for free marks?
You really are making it easy to target you with your comments here. Sorry this person is attacking your comments with her ignorance Alomar!
I honestly don't think that a death of grandfather is a valid use of MSAF
I recommend that you go on the website to read the regulations
Besides, Im not only talking about Alomar. There are more people who abuse MSAF and im saying that giving my clicker to a friend is not such a big deal compared to those abusing the MSAF.
And also i didnt even start this argument it was alomar who first made an unnecessary comment
Old 12-17-2013 at 04:38 PM   #29
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

lol there is actually people failing a bird course?
Old 12-17-2013 at 05:21 PM   #30
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkek View Post
lol there is actually people failing a bird course?
pretty much all courses are easy to fail if you do nothing in them. even going through the slides in econ just once wont even be enough for you to pass probably.