MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Quarters Update Chad MacInsiders Announcements 59 07-17-2009 10:42 AM
Quarters New Name finklej General Discussion 47 06-18-2009 01:48 PM
I Think Quarters Should Be Called... Matt Wright General Discussion 111 06-18-2009 12:08 PM
Quarters Matt Wright General Discussion 184 03-14-2009 10:52 PM
Halloween At Quarters! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-23-2008 11:43 PM

Quarters - The Final Five

Quarters - The Final Five

Via QUARTERS MANAGEMENT: Well folks, nope, it’s not a rumour. As of April 28th, Quarters will be no more! The students have spoken and Quarters is in need of a serious overhaul and that’s just what we are going to do. After our Final Five bar nights this term (2nd, 9th, 23rd, 27 & 28th) Quarters will close its doors forever only to re-open as a new and improved restaurant and bar that is going to reclaim it’s name as the IT spot for students. We are going with a brand new menu, better DJs, better lighting, a new layout with more seating, and most importantly a brand new name, which of course we won’t tell you… yet! We have to leave something to surprise!

At this point we would like to thank everyone for his or her continued support over the years as Quarters has had a great run. Although the memories will last a lifetime, the time has come to take our campus pub to the next level. We strongly encourage everyone who has ever screamed, shouted, cried, or slurred, “I love Quarters!” to make it out to the Final Five and help Quarters close its doors in style! Be sure to check back in September, as this place will never be the same!

Check us out on facebook
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 04-02-2009 at 11:30 AM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times
Quote:
this place will never be the same!
Can we hold someone to this?

Old 04-02-2009 at 11:34 AM   #3
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
the okapi.

Old 04-02-2009 at 11:37 AM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

:-/ :-/

Old 04-02-2009 at 10:21 PM   #5
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times
This is way less exciting than the final five cylons...

Alex McColl says thanks to micadjems for this post.

Old 04-02-2009 at 10:46 PM   #6
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
bsg???

Old 04-03-2009 at 02:22 AM   #7
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times
4 more nights now! I'm excited to see how Quarters will turn out to be like next year.

Old 04-03-2009 at 10:08 AM   #8
Bobble

Liked: 33 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
. . . and most importantly a brand new name . . .
If this is the most important thing, then your priorities are wrong.

DannyV says thanks to Bobble for this post.

Old 04-03-2009 at 11:30 AM   #9
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Temara is just quoting Quarters' management. Though yes, the name is not the most important alteration to Quarters.

temara.brown says thanks to Nino for this post.

Old 04-03-2009 at 11:50 AM   #10
DannyV
Elite Member

I'm sure Bobble was responding to the information posted and not Temara personally.

Old 04-03-2009 at 04:29 PM   #11
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Oh, I was just clarifying because I was unsure whether he was just generally commenting on the information or directing that post towards Temara.

Old 04-03-2009 at 09:49 PM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Ya, this message was not written by Temara or MacInsiders, but rather comes from Quarters management.

As for the 'new name', I haven't heard anything concrete that the name will change. As we've seen in the huge and popular discussion threads on MacInsiders already, students don't want/think a name change is important and have other things that are higher priority.

Old 04-03-2009 at 09:52 PM   #13
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Via the Facebook group:

Quote:
To reiterate the three main issues that we hope to address are more seating, better lighting and a better menu. Cheers.

DannyV says thanks to Chad for this post.

Old 04-04-2009 at 12:58 PM   #14
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times
As an SRA member, I am somewhat confused myself as to what changes are being made. Quarters management seem to be citing changes in the menu (which many SRA members suggested recently at SRA 08P meeting, but Mr. Finlay responded negatively towards that change:

"The food is doing well. If we try going into better food we will have to cut into profit margins or change it dramatically. Overall if we try to move forward to having it like Phoenix then we have a big chance at losing students. Don’t want to have direct competition with someone on campus." - SRA 08P minutes

I know they are definitely looking at fixing lighting/seating, etc...but food doesn't seem to be a priority although that's the recurring thing I've heard from students.

Old 04-04-2009 at 01:15 PM   #15
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times
I think its pretty simple. if i want to chill and have some nachos and study, but their nachos suck, i'll go to the phoenix instead...

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search