MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Called for Interview after Accepting Offer Allan Volunteering Opportunities 6 05-18-2010 11:50 AM
The New Quarters Will Be Called "1280" Chad MacInsiders Announcements 36 07-17-2009 07:20 PM
*Breaking News* Quarters Will Be Called... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 175 07-15-2009 05:23 PM
Quarters New Name finklej General Discussion 47 06-18-2009 01:48 PM
Quarters Matt Wright General Discussion 184 03-14-2009 10:52 PM

I Think Quarters Should Be Called...

Old 03-15-2009 at 10:15 PM   #1
Matt Wright

Liked: 54 Times

I Think Quarters Should Be Called...
Hey Folks,

So there has been some headway made on the rebranding of Quarters and we are now at the stage of the game where we need to decide:

DO WE WANT TO CHANGE THE NAME OF QUARTERS?

In this thread, please give some suggestions for the new name for Quarters. You do not need to justify any suggestions, but the more feedback the better. It is in the opinion of some that the name should reflect McMaster as a whole, while other like the name just fine. Please give all suggestions and try to be mature about this... YOUR IDEA COULD BE THE NEW NAME!

Old 03-15-2009 at 10:37 PM   #2
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

no.

..stupid 6 characters rule...
Old 03-16-2009 at 01:30 AM   #3
furrys

Liked: 0 Times

i think it's unnecessary.
Old 03-16-2009 at 01:57 AM   #4
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Changing the name won't really matter much to be honest. The name's just fine the way it is.
Old 03-16-2009 at 07:56 AM   #5
stevennevets

Liked: 37 Times

once the entire operation is redone, all the important things changed... whatever, change the name, it wouldn't hurt. but it shouldn't be the first step. it won't do anything.

Afrisa, deadpool, Moosik all say thanks to stevennevets for this post.
Old 03-16-2009 at 01:46 PM   #6
Matt Wright

From what I've heard thus far nobody wants to change the name (at least not yet). Is there anyone who wants it to change, or should we just wait until the bigger issues are dealt with?
Old 03-16-2009 at 01:47 PM   #7
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

As I've always said, unless we are renaming it "Rohan's" I am not friendly with saying anything other than "I'm going to Quarters"
Old 03-16-2009 at 01:50 PM   #8
conster

Liked: 9 Times

Leave 'er as is.
Old 03-16-2009 at 01:52 PM   #9
owenadam

Liked: 0 Times

We should call it "The Most Popular, Successful Bar In The World That Is Definitely Not Losing Money And Even If It Is Don't Say Anything Because Its Not Your Business Anyway."

Like the Democratic Republic of Zimbabwe

Alex McColl, KaesoPublius all say thanks to owenadam for this post.
Old 03-16-2009 at 02:02 PM   #10
Matt Wright

Email
So I've taken the liberty of setting up a gmail account for the name change of quarters, which can also double as a suggestion box for ANYTHING that ANYONE wants to add. This email will remain anonymous (even though I will see your email) and will be used strictly as a tool for gathering name ideas, suggestions, or anything else you do not feel comfortable discussing in the general forum.

Old 03-16-2009 at 02:12 PM   #11
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I'm not quite sure how I feel about a name change.

On one hand, it has the potenial to get rid of any stigmas associated with the old name -- especially since a new group of students will be arriving at Mac in about five months. If a new name is tied in together with physical changes then it can definately be re-branded because it will essentially be new in every way.

In contrast, returning students may see a name change as a way of trying to dupe them into thinking it is a completely new service.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-16-2009 at 05:34 PM   #12
McIntyre

Liked: 182 Times

I would like to point out the context behind this name change. Quarters will be closing down this summer and undergoing a complete physical and operational overhaul as is my understanding of the idea. This new name would take effect next year upon the reopening of the service.

KaesoPublius, lorend all say thanks to McIntyre for this post.
Old 03-16-2009 at 09:47 PM   #13
Lifejacket

Liked: Liked 6 Times

I actually don't think changing the name is such a bad idea. It might wipe away the stigma that Quarters is currently associated with.
Old 03-16-2009 at 09:51 PM   #14
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Let's call it Euphoria then!
Old 03-16-2009 at 09:53 PM   #15
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

I don't understand why Quarters is having a physical over haul in the first place. How is changing the look going to change the stigma against it? If it's still run the same way then there are still going to be the same problems. I personally think that those in charge or Quarters should be fixing things internally, get'er out of the red and THEN redecorate when they have the funds.