MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dropping Electives in Engineering: good idea? keioffice Academics 4 09-12-2008 05:47 PM

Dropping a course - Engineering

Old 11-09-2013 at 05:19 PM   #1
DigitalE

Liked: 0 Times

Dropping a course - Engineering
I'm in first year eng and I'm doing quite poorly in Physics 1d03 and spending way too much time on it. As result my marks in other courses are dropping. Currently sitting at about 20% after I finish the midterm if I do as expected. Should I drop it and do it in the summer or should I stick with it? The exam is worth 50%
Old 11-09-2013 at 06:03 PM   #2
Jimbojones

Liked: 16 Times

The last day for cancelling courses without failure by default was November 8. You should contact sally williams and see if she can do something for you.
Old 11-09-2013 at 06:10 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Study hard the next few weeks before exams and no-life it during exam time. We have all been there at some point, and if its too late to drop it, just study. Study a lot.
Old 11-09-2013 at 06:16 PM   #4
DigitalE

Liked: 0 Times

Well I've spoken to her earlier and was given permission. However, I need to let the office know asap or Monday morning by the latest. Not sure if I should take advantage of that and do the course later on and focus on my others now.
Old 11-09-2013 at 06:17 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Edit: nvm...didn't see your other post.

Personally, I still wouldn't drop it, but that's just me.
Old 11-09-2013 at 08:08 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Schedule or walk in talk to sally asap. Sally may be able to help you out..... The lesson I learened from first year was making judgement calls to drop
Old 11-09-2013 at 10:05 PM   #7
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

DROP/Cancel. When its offered in summer, it is easier. And you have lesser course load then. Just drop it now while you can.
Old 11-09-2013 at 10:58 PM   #8
Arka

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalE View Post
I'm in first year eng and I'm doing quite poorly in Physics 1d03 and spending way too much time on it. As result my marks in other courses are dropping. Currently sitting at about 20% after I finish the midterm if I do as expected. Should I drop it and do it in the summer or should I stick with it? The exam is worth 50%
The midterms for that course are essentially worthless because the exam is worth basically half the course. And the labs/tuts are worth a lot as well so do good on those and it'll bring your mark up! Study your ass off for the final and you'll pass the course no problem. (that also goes the other way, if you do poorly on the exam you could fail since it is worth so much). But still if i were you i would stick with it and just go ham studying for the 2nd midterm and final!
Old 11-10-2013 at 02:49 PM   #9
islytt

Liked: 5 Times

Just drop it and retake in the summer