MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 Labs in 1 term.....Good Idea? amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-23-2010 10:26 PM
First year choices, good idea to change considering time desimac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-05-2010 01:07 PM
Is it a good idea to sign a lease when you are short one person? sinthusized Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 8 02-16-2010 10:20 AM
Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 in the same semester a good idea? melodicdream First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-13-2009 01:04 PM
Working Part-Time: Good Idea or Bad Idea? lorend Jobs & Employment Tips 2 02-28-2008 01:10 PM

Dropping Electives in Engineering: good idea?

Old 09-09-2008 at 12:26 PM   #1
keioffice

Liked: 0 Times

Dropping Electives in Engineering: good idea?
I'm in first year Eng rite now and I'm already feeling like I mite not be able to handle it. I'm thinking of dropping one of my electives which is Psych 1x03. I've been told that i can make up for it in later years, just as long as i do eventually get to completing my electives within my 4 years here.

The main thing i want to ask is if there is going to be room in my schedule to make up for an elective in later years? or is the course load going to get progressively harder?
Old 09-09-2008 at 12:44 PM   #2
Gavin

Go see an academic advisor. Thats the best course of action for you.

And research the courses you have to take in advance to avoid what your going through now.
Old 09-09-2008 at 06:51 PM   #3
aj-maxx
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Your best bet would be to study the electives in the summer if you're gonna be here. That's what I'm doing. And I'm barely afloat with the 31 credits I'm taking this year.
Old 09-10-2008 at 11:15 AM   #4
loyalty

Liked: 1 Time

where do we find an Academic Advisor?
Old 09-12-2008 at 05:47 PM   #5
diegocn

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalty View Post
where do we find an Academic Advisor?
JHE 214 - Engineering Student Service, you might need an appointment.

Quote:
The main thing i want to ask is if there is going to be room in my schedule to make up for an elective in later years?
No, but as aj-maxx, you can do them in summer if you don't care the extra money on rent and possible deduction from OSAP.

Quote:
or is the course load going to get progressively harder?
Not really, there's less course in later years, but each of them requires you work harder, so it's about the same.

keioffice says thanks to diegocn for this post.