MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEED! econ 1BB3 or 1B03 Term1 celestine Academics 4 08-12-2010 01:21 AM
Econ 1B03/1BB3 AnguishedEnd Academics 3 06-06-2010 11:05 AM
Econ 1B03 and ECON 1BB3 lampk Academics 24 06-24-2009 09:26 AM
Econ 1B03 or 1BB3 mmal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-27-2008 12:09 PM

Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 in the same semester a good idea?

Old 08-13-2009 at 11:50 AM   #1
melodicdream

Liked: 10 Times

Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 in the same semester a good idea?
Well due to reasons that would take too long to explain over the internet, I'm considering to take both econ courses in second semester so i can put math 1a03 in first semester. I've taken an IB Economics SL course in highschool so I've learned a bit of both micro and macro already. I've read past threads and taking both courses in the same semester wasnt advised but since I already have learned some of both, would it be ok for me?
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:55 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodicdream View Post
Well due to reasons that would take too long to explain over the internet, I'm considering to take both econ courses in second semester so i can put math 1a03 in first semester. I've taken an IB Economics SL course in highschool so I've learned a bit of both micro and macro already. I've read past threads and taking both courses in the same semester wasnt advised but since I already have learned some of both, would it be ok for me?
What faculty are you in? Taking two electives (assuming they're just electives) in one semester is usually not a good idea because you'll have one semester with an unfun courseload, and the other too easy.
Old 08-13-2009 at 12:04 PM   #3
melodicdream

I'm in Commerce so both are required....
Old 08-13-2009 at 12:06 PM   #4
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Honestly you hsould be more than fine. Two of my good friends did this last year and found it very easy to deal with.

The only problem you might have is that you may be bored during the first month as both courses cover the same material for a while.

I loved both courses though; I discovered I had a real interest in economics. I even read The Wealth of Nations this summer
Old 08-13-2009 at 12:09 PM   #5
madhur7

Liked: 9 Times

hey i have taken econ 1b03 and know ppl who have tke 1bb3 and 1b03 in the same sem..... it actually not bad to take them in the same sem... but since these are 2 easy courses with a guaranteed A+ if u do ur work , i would sugggest u take them in 2 different sems so that u can balance ur work load. otherwise it good if anything to take thme during same sem... the choice is urs
Old 08-13-2009 at 12:13 PM   #6
melodicdream

Thats great! Thanks you guys for your answers!
Old 08-13-2009 at 01:04 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

You'll be fine. I had both in the same semester with no background in economics (didn't have a micro/macro course offered at my high school) and achieved an 8 in both courses (and I rarely went to class )

They aren't challenging classes. And they do overlap for the first month-ish. Do extremely well on the first midterm and you're pretty much set for those classes. The first midterms are pretty much giveaways.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.