MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Study Drugs? Greco General Discussion 26 09-19-2010 08:00 PM
HTH SCI 3P06 - Therapeutic Drugs in the Marketplace jordan19 Academics 2 08-11-2010 11:34 PM

drugs are bad mm.kay?

Old 10-22-2010 at 11:41 AM   #1
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

drugs are bad mm.kay?
okay so last weekend i got really really drunk, and smoked a fair amount of weed (something i dont do very often) And this week has left me feeling all anxious and worrying about stupid things along with big things ie. school, grades, job after school etc. , i kinda self diagnosed myself with general anxiety disorder and thought this is the worst feeling ever...i know im being irrational (i consider myself a fairly rational individual) but that didn't stop me from worrying and as a result effected my performance. When i woke up today and went to my classes i still experienced that same sort of worry, but it has gotten a little better as of now i am hopeful that i can attribute all that worrying and panic to the drugs and alcohol and swear them off for life, could that be the case or am i going crazy and will i have to be half-sedated on meds for the rest of my life? (cuz that's what i think everytime i feel this throbbing in the middle of my head, which happens quite often)

p.s. I also took up smoking (cigarrettes) and found it very relaxing this week, however i did most of my smoking at the start of the week; and am wondering if some of the anxiety can be attribtuted to withdrawal symptoms from yet another drug (nicotine).

-Im not even a bad student, had midterms last week and breezed right through them, the me right now wishes i could be that guy again.

-even as i give this the once over i realize how irrational i have been (keep in mind i feel a bit more sane right now), and understand that this isn't healthy behaviour.
Old 10-22-2010 at 02:13 PM   #2
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

you are pretty much feeling the same thing almost everyone felt at some point in uni. don't over think things, just take it one step at a time, there's no need to rush and start stressing about everything in your life at this point. if you dun drink and do weed often then don't worry it's not going to kill you. just take a deep breathe and do something you like to get your minds off things. Everyone goes through this so just relax your not going to be on meds your whole life
Old 10-22-2010 at 03:04 PM   #3
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
okay so last weekend i got really really drunk, and smoked a fair amount of weed (something i dont do very often) And this week has left me feeling all anxious and worrying about stupid things along with big things ie. school, grades, job after school etc. , i kinda self diagnosed myself with general anxiety disorder and thought this is the worst feeling ever...i know im being irrational (i consider myself a fairly rational individual) but that didn't stop me from worrying and as a result effected my performance. When i woke up today and went to my classes i still experienced that same sort of worry, but it has gotten a little better as of now i am hopeful that i can attribute all that worrying and panic to the drugs and alcohol and swear them off for life, could that be the case or am i going crazy and will i have to be half-sedated on meds for the rest of my life? (cuz that's what i think everytime i feel this throbbing in the middle of my head, which happens quite often)
Dayum boy, that sh*t really got to you.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 10-22-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Afzal likes this.
Old 10-22-2010 at 03:05 PM   #4
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Where are you getting your weed from? I need some, seriously.
Old 10-22-2010 at 03:38 PM   #5
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

Right off the bat, drop the cigarettes, unless you want to develop some sort of cancer later in your life. If you need to de-stress/de-anxiety youself, there are alot of drug free ways of doing so, like going on a jog, watching a TV show, playing a video game, drinking some green tea.

And remember, everything in moderation There is nothing like ending the week and starting the weekend with a nice, fat J.

~Cheers
Old 10-22-2010 at 04:59 PM   #6
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Agreed with MacEng - drop the cigarettes right away. You'll feel even worse later when you constantly have an urge to smoke a cigarette.
Just find a quiet activity for reducing your stress level. Read a book, or do what I do when I get really stressed and watch a comedy show. Try and pick one with a lot of episodes and ones that you haven't watched - for myself I am currently watching Frasier (loving that show right now). I also tend to play video games because I find them useful when I'm feeling anxious and/or guilty - but try and stay away from the more time consuming ones like WoW. I just stick to FPS's and the like.
But seriously drop the cigarettes right away.

crazyfree likes this.
Old 10-22-2010 at 05:09 PM   #7
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

You people are complete sissies if you think that a) smoking a few cigarettes will lead to an addiction; and b) you'll magically develop cancer later in life from a few in the here-and-now. The joke gets even better when you advocate smoking weed instead.

As for the topic at hand, if you think you'll get nicotine withdrawal after maybe a full pack in a week's span, then you just plain have an addictive personality. I have nights where I smoke a quarter-pack (or more) and then go clean for a week or two and don't feel any different-- no cravings, no mood swings, nothing. You're just being a drama queen and worrying excessively over nothing. If you're a good student and ripped midterms, then you don't need to worry about grades, etc. And really, self-diagnose? That's the biggest crock of shit. That's just adding to your list of "concerns".

Take a day off, relax, and for the love of Christ stop spamming every thread with this vomit.

madBiologist likes this.
Old 10-22-2010 at 06:55 PM   #8
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
Agreed with MacEng - drop the cigarettes right away. You'll feel even worse later when you constantly have an urge to smoke a cigarette.
Just find a quiet activity for reducing your stress level. Read a book, or do what I do when I get really stressed and watch a comedy show. Try and pick one with a lot of episodes and ones that you haven't watched - for myself I am currently watching Frasier (loving that show right now). I also tend to play video games because I find them useful when I'm feeling anxious and/or guilty - but try and stay away from the more time consuming ones like WoW. I just stick to FPS's and the like.
But seriously drop the cigarettes right away.
Really good advice. I find that when I'm stressed/having a panic attack, watching something funny not only helps me relax, but it also gets me focused like "ok I've had my fun, now I can work."
And what you're feeling is normal..pretty sure I cry like every other day from stress It's ok!
But don't try and shovel the feelings off by blaming the drugs etc. Deal with how you're feeling-sometimes I have this horrible anxious depressed feeling and I don't know why. So I sit down and just list everything on my mind that could be bothering me and then rationalize my way through it. Usually by the end I figure out I'm being an idiot.
I would recommend dropping the cigs though.

You'll be fine!

Old 10-22-2010 at 08:30 PM   #9
Furgazi

Liked: 22 Times

You should probably smoke more weed, make that anxiety go away. If you're worried about weed causing cancer, there's no real proof of it, and if you're worried about brain cells? well that was a study with 60 columbian marijuana cigarettes (extremely high potency) being pumped into monkeys with a gas mask all at once. The monkey's died from suffocation. What happens during suffocation is that you lose an enormous amount of brain cells. There has been no real evidence to pot causing brain damage.

But here's an alternative, stop worrying about what might make you a bad student. Smoking cigarettes, smoking weed, and drinking alcohol does not make you a bad person in any way. If anything it makes you human. If those factors caused individuals to be bad students, everyone would be considered a "bad student"

tl;dr - smoke weed, itll make the worries go away. Just because you drink or smoke doesn't make you a bad person