MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
three rooms available at dundurn south lovalerie22 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 0 01-21-2015 06:01 PM
West village suites ? Yay or Nay ? L'Étoile Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 7 08-11-2011 03:05 PM
Man breasts. Yay or Nay? PHLN Dating & Relationships 38 02-09-2011 07:26 PM

Dundurn Student Residence (21-53 Dundurn St. S)? Yay or Nay?

Old 08-24-2015 at 07:42 PM   #1
mank
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Dundurn Student Residence (21-53 Dundurn St. S)? Yay or Nay?
Would anyone recommend living there? Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-24-2015 at 07:54 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

It's pretty close to the road, so lots of noise. Good neighborhood. Populated area, less chance to get stabbed.

Go for it.
Old 08-24-2015 at 11:40 PM   #3
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

Actually I would have to disagree with GeorgeLucas, as the number of people increases the likelihood of getting stabbed increases.
Old 08-25-2015 at 03:36 AM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

I lived 51 Dundurn for 3 years

The house really depends on the people. Location is prime with plaza across the street. No problem commuting as bus comes very often (except 830, it sucks for everyone but you are better as you are further out)

Dundurn sold the company to another one under new mgmt. My experience was good only because I knew most of the people moving in. Some housemates are very bad (ex, dude didnt do dishes for 1 month, mold everywhere). Also, IMO the quality has deteriorated. People give less shits and it's frustrating. Also 10 ppl sharing 1 internet connection, very easy for someone to fuck it up.

My advice, meet the housemates before you decide. With effort, you can find something closer to Mac which is comparable or better.
Old 08-25-2015 at 09:37 AM   #5
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justicebeaver View Post
Actually I would have to disagree with GeorgeLucas, as the number of people increases the likelihood of getting stabbed increases.
No, there are quieter streets closer to downtown, and there were multiple stabbings/shootings there in the past 2 years. Dundurn Street on the other hand is a cultural hub for Hamilton, with large amounts of traffic and pedestrians that scare criminal elements away.