Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earth Sc 2GI3 Omega_X13 2nd Year Course Reviews 6 04-29-2017 01:12 PM
Earth Sc 2GI3, 3GI3 Omega_X13 Academics 9 06-24-2009 03:13 PM

Earth Sci 2GG3 vs Earth Sci 2GI3

Old 08-15-2012 at 01:02 PM   #1
AnanthanK

Liked: 0 Times

Earth Sci 2GG3 vs Earth Sci 2GI3
I was wondering if there was anyone that took either of these courses in the last year that could give some insight as to what the courses are like?
The reviews on macinsiders for 2GI3 are a few years old but it is the same prof teaching but I'm guessing not much will change. In terms of 2GG3, the prof has not been named for term 1 but Dr. Riller is teaching term 2.
I would say I am interested in 2GG3 just a little more than 2GI3 but I'm unsure which one I would like to take due to the mixed reviews of 2GG3 and the good reviews for 2GI3.
My first term also consists of 2 physics courses(2B06,2C03) and 2 math courses (2A03,2R03).
Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-15-2012 at 01:27 PM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Earth Sci 2GI3 is the same as Geo 2GI3 which I took in spring 2012. This is basically a GIS course and you learn about what is GIS and it's components. You will get weekly lab assignments, so it is mandatory to attend the labs. There is also a midterm and final exam. This is mostly multiple choice and short answer question.

Since I took this course in the summer, I don't know how it runs in the actual school year. I figured it would be the same but with shorter lecture classes.
Old 08-16-2012 at 01:22 PM   #3
AnanthanK

How heavy would you say the workload would have been if taken during the year?
Old 08-16-2012 at 06:53 PM   #4
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnanthanK View Post
How heavy would you say the workload would have been if taken during the year?
I would say about the same because for many people who have taken this course it is a hard one. The lab assignments involved using the GIS lab and often times people in the lab would help each other to finish the assignment, so it would be best to make friends in this class. But in the summer it is more compact than during the year because of time.
Old 08-16-2012 at 08:33 PM   #5
AnanthanK

Sweet. Thank you!
Old 09-09-2012 at 11:14 AM   #6
Shankari

Liked: 1 Time

Well since the prof has been revealed for earth sci 2gg3, does anyone know how he teaches and if it would be a good idea to take the course with Basik?