Earth Sci 2MM3 Fight0 2nd Year Course Reviews 7 02-11-2015 12:02 PM
Earth Sci 2WW3 mcmaster12 Academics 1 09-10-2010 02:56 PM
earth science 2ww3 eiou Academics 0 01-09-2010 11:59 PM

Earth Sci 2WW3 vs. Earth Sci 2MM3

Old 06-18-2010 at 10:31 PM   #1
The MACster

Liked: 10 Times

Earth Sci 2WW3 vs. Earth Sci 2MM3
hey... so i've read quite a bit about these two courses but much of it was from a couple years ago.. does anyone know more current info about these courses.. in terms of their "birdiness"
i've heard that 2MM3 has gotten a bit harder in recent years...
Old 06-19-2010 at 12:02 AM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...s ci+mcmaster

The second link down from the search bar is a course outline for the 2009-2010 year for Gemstones. I believe it was Natural Disasters where people were criticizing the professor for the easiness of the course or some other aspect of it. I'm not certain about the specifics but...it was originally a bird course but ended up owning people instead.

I'd advise against taking a bird course unless you really are interested in water and gemstones, beyond just the "well...I'm interesting in learning" philosophy because they're much more painful to handle.

I took both Econ 1B03 and 1BB3 and did decently but I found them very unappealing. I have no interest in Economics or...not what we covered in class and I couldn't wait to leave. In the end, I had to put more effort into both courses just to stay motivated and get through the midterms than I did with Chemistry or Psych.

As well for Econ 1BB3, our prof found that people were cheating on one midterm. I suppose with a bird course where people don't think it's worth studying for, these things might happen with greater frequency. The exam was definitely something else and I think it's because she didn't want a repeat of that test, though it's just my views on it.

With a course like Chem 1A03 or 1AA3, few people will complain they're not being challenged enough or treat the course as a joke evidently enough for professors to inflict their wrath on you. But with bird courses, that seems to be a whole other area

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-19-2010 at 01:53 AM   #3
Katy
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

2MM3 has gotten a bit harder to be considered a bird course. it is very in depth chemical structures and very geology based. now, if you are interested in such like me then its not bad at all. however, if you have no background information and are not interested in it then its not going to be a breeze for you. as for 2WW3 i havent taken it, but many of my friends have and they didnt mind it
Old 06-19-2010 at 07:10 AM   #4
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

I had John teaching Earth Sci 2WW3 (and for 3CC3, if you decide you want to take that one), both of which were fairly easy with a bit of effort! They're both 12-able =)
Old 06-19-2010 at 10:33 AM   #5
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Anyone taken Earth Sci 2W03? Im debating between 2WW3 and 2W03
Old 06-19-2010 at 02:02 PM   #6
sf

Liked: 36 Times

Both 2WW3 and 2MM3 have gotten harder, although 2WW3 may still be considered a bird course.
As for the diference between 2W and 2WW basically the way I look at it is that 2WW3 is for people looking for an easy elective and who don't really care about going too in depth. 2W03 is the courses that people in the enviro program take and is much more in depth and involves several labs and a couple assignments. While it definitly is possible to do reall well in 2W03, if the science hydrology is not something that really interests you I would take 2WW3 instead.
Old 06-19-2010 at 02:58 PM   #7
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
Both 2WW3 and 2MM3 have gotten harder, although 2WW3 may still be considered a bird course.
As for the diference between 2W and 2WW basically the way I look at it is that 2WW3 is for people looking for an easy elective and who don't really care about going too in depth. 2W03 is the courses that people in the enviro program take and is much more in depth and involves several labs and a couple assignments. While it definitly is possible to do reall well in 2W03, if the science hydrology is not something that really interests you I would take 2WW3 instead.
See 2W03 sounds interesting to me .. the only thing that is stopping me from taking it is the 2hr lab, ive been avoiding labs like crazy