MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earth & Environmental Science Major Shananaghens Academics 0 06-20-2010 08:01 PM
earth science 2ww3 eiou Academics 0 01-10-2010 12:06 AM
earth science 2ww3 eiou Academics 0 01-09-2010 11:59 PM
Minor in Earth Science Tanya_33 Academics 2 01-02-2010 11:17 AM
Earth and Envir Science LBJ.MVP First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-09-2009 10:49 AM

Earth Science

Old 08-13-2009 at 08:49 PM   #1
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Earth Science
Is any one willing to open up a spot in L01 for earth science 2ei3?

Thank-you!!!!
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:58 PM   #2
sf

Liked: 36 Times

I need that one too and of course its the 1 out of 10 that's full
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:47 PM   #3
Sameen

Liked: 3 Times

Can someone tell me if this is an easy course or not?
Old 08-16-2009 at 01:58 PM   #4
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Sorry, can't help you out OP. I'm in a similar situation though.

Is anyone willing to switch out of L04 for Earth Sc 2C03? Of course it's the only full one. >.< I'm currently in L01.
Old 08-28-2009 at 11:41 AM   #5
Tanya_33

Liked: 0 Times

has anyone taken 2ei3 earth sci
cuz on the course outline it says nothing about labs but instead she says there are 2 lectures and 1 podcast
so do u think that maybe this "lab" time slot is just to make sure they sched a time that u could listen to this podcast???
Old 08-28-2009 at 12:01 PM   #6
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

When I took the course (2nd term of last year) it was listed as 3 lectures and 1 lab per week. She lectured Mon/Wed and put up a podcast on Friday. They we're about 30 minutes in length and had slides to accomadate them. There was no lab. The course was very, very easy in itself. I found the material very interesting, and although we covered many different topics, a lot of it was previous knowledge I had and it wasn't very in depth.

Feel free to ask me any specific questions, hope that helped.
Old 08-28-2009 at 12:07 PM   #7
Sameen

Liked: 3 Times

Is this course related to Environmental Science 1B03 somehow? I took env sci 1b03 and i found it pretty easy too. I am not sure if earth sci 2EI3 is also like that. Are the tests short answers?
Old 08-28-2009 at 12:15 PM   #8
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
When I took the course (2nd term of last year) it was listed as 3 lectures and 1 lab per week. She lectured Mon/Wed and put up a podcast on Friday. They we're about 30 minutes in length and had slides to accomadate them. There was no lab. The course was very, very easy in itself. I found the material very interesting, and although we covered many different topics, a lot of it was previous knowledge I had and it wasn't very in depth.

Feel free to ask me any specific questions, hope that helped.
are there alot of assignments? any presentations?
Old 08-28-2009 at 12:54 PM   #9
Tanya_33

Liked: 0 Times

so are these podcasts shown during this "lab" time slot or does she post them on webct?

basically what im asking is does the time we pick for the "lab" really matter?

thanks for ur help
Old 08-28-2009 at 04:34 PM   #10
Anaam

Liked: 4 Times

You don't have to worry about the 'lab', just sign up for w/e is available even if there is a conflict, just ignore it. There are 2 lectures and 1 podcast. Postcasts are released on Thursdays, or Fridays or over the weekend. The releasing times of podcasts have nothing to do with the 'lab' time slots.

Padden just put a lab timeslot as opposed to a 3rd lecture timeslot because if the lecture timings conflict, students don't take the course. But if the lab time slot conflicts, the students try to sort it out with lab cooridnators. Basically she does this so you can take the course but it causes more confusion.

Just remember, there are only two lectures. One podcast. Ignore the lab time.

And yes, the course is relatively easy but be sure to study.