MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earth Science/Environmental Science Electives alee90 Academics 3 12-03-2011 06:49 PM
Earth Science JonSnow Academics 1 10-14-2011 11:31 PM
earth science 2ww3 eiou Academics 0 01-09-2010 11:59 PM
Earth Science manu Academics 9 08-28-2009 04:34 PM

Earth Science 3FE3 and 4FE3

Old 02-23-2012 at 04:17 PM   #1
ccilia13

Liked: 0 Times

Earth Science 3FE3 and 4FE3
I am considering switching into Honours Earth and Environmental Sci. Part of the course requirements is field camp, Earth Sci 3FE3. Unfortunately, i don't have the prerequisites for it (I am in second year Hon. BIo and Envir Sci) so i have to take them in my third year. So in fourth year I want to take this course. However I am also considering taking Earth Sci 4FE3 which is the Aquatic Biogeochem Field Course. I was wondering if it is possible to do both at the same time? I know both occur in August however I believe one occurs in the beginning and one at the end? If anyone has done both at the same time, or has even completed either of those courses, any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 02-24-2012 at 06:40 PM   #2
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

Hey,

What courses are you missing for the requirements for 3fe3?
If you're just missing one course (2i03) there's still a chance that they may waive the prereq.

They are offered at different times in August so you can take them both after your third year.
So for next year make sure you take 2e03, 2i03, 2q03 and 3l03 (better to take 3l before 4fe3, it'll make things a lot easier from what I've been told)

3FE3
Prerequisite(s):
One of EARTH SC 2E03, ENVIR SC 2E03, GEO 2E03, ISCI 2A18; and one of EARTH SC 2I03, ENVIR SC 2I03; and registration in Level III or above of Honours Earth and Environmental Sciences; and permission of the instructor.

4FE3
Prerequisite: Registration in Level III or above of an Honours B.Sc. program in the School of Geography and Earth Sciences. Credit or registration in EARTH SC 3L03 or ENVIR SC 3L03 is strongly recommended. Prerequisite (Beginning 2012-2013): Credit or registration in EARTH SC 3L03 or ENVIR SC 3L03