MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 in the same semester a good idea? melodicdream First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-13-2009 01:04 PM

Econ 1B03 and 1BB3

Old 07-28-2013 at 12:30 PM   #1
Nezar S

Liked: 0 Times

Econ 1B03 and 1BB3
I need Econ 1B03 Term 1 during the day and Econ 1BB3 Term 2 during the day, but they're only available at night. I can't take night courses because i commute and will have a difficult time managing everything. Is there any hope left for me with getting into these courses or should i just take the night course?
Old 07-28-2013 at 12:46 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Just take the night slots for now, I'm sure day slots will open up in the near future as people redo their schedules.

Nezar S says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 07-28-2013 at 02:57 PM   #3
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 133 Times

Try emailing the department to see if they can open up a spot for you. These are really hard courses to get into so I'd take the night classes if I were you, and if you have to you could just go sit in the day lectures instead.
Old 07-28-2013 at 03:29 PM   #4
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Honestly, just keep trying to get into the day ones

If you persistently check SOLAR and keep trying to switch into it you should be able to get in before the classes start. Just keep trying, and it's more likely than not that a spot will open up sooner or later before the beginning of the term. That's how I've gotten into almost all of the courses I've wanted at Mac even when they were initially full and highly sought after.
Old 07-28-2013 at 05:59 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

You have lots of time to get into it until the second week of September or so. Spaces definitely open up, just keep checking as often as you can when SOLAR re-opens in August.
Old 07-28-2013 at 06:32 PM   #6
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Keep checking solar.

If anything, just go to the day lectures for Econ 1BB3 (as long as the lecture room isn't full - it never was when I took it) or watch the podcasts (O'Shaughnessy is the prof for both I think), and for Econ 1B03, I don't think Holmes has a night section, so for that one, you'd have to go to the night class.
Old 08-05-2013 at 11:41 PM   #7
infinitemac

Liked: 0 Times

I had trouble getting into Econ 1B03 last year, mainly because this course is outside of my faculty (faculty of science) and so I didn't have priority. What I did was 1 or 2 weeks into school before the end of the final day to add/drop courses, I went to the department of economics and the lady at the front desk was really nice, she put me into the later time slot class - with Holmes but since I also commute, I just attended the earlier lecture time. There was no issues with this as everything was podcasted and iClicker questions and nothing of that sort were marked. So just try on SOLAR, and if not, go to the department of economics