MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Econ 1B03 with Gajic Podcasted? houstatlanta Academics 0 09-13-2013 03:04 PM
MICRO ECON with GAJIC during the SUMMER? maay29 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-10-2012 05:11 PM
Econ 1bb3, Hlth Age 1bb3, Linguist 1a03 waldo92 Academics 4 09-17-2010 10:42 PM

How is Econ 1BB3 with Gajic?

Old 07-04-2014 at 10:48 PM   #1
bae_

Liked: 4 Times

How is Econ 1BB3 with Gajic?
She is the prof for the second semester. I couldn't find any reviews on her and o'shaughnessy is only teaching in the first semester. Any recommendations on who to take it with?
Old 07-04-2014 at 11:17 PM   #2
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bae_ View Post
She is the prof for the second semester. I couldn't find any reviews on her and o'shaughnessy is only teaching in the first semester. Any recommendations on who to take it with?
Took it with O'Shaughnessy and I found that she was a good lecturer and doesn't spoon feed you. Tests were fair but don't expect it to be easy without studying, I came out with an 11 in the course and came out with a 12 in micro econ. As long as you practice tests, read textbook, and do aplia well you should get auto 10+ if you are remotely competent in studying.

bae_ says thanks to allanandthera for this post.
Old 07-05-2014 at 08:04 PM   #3
bae_

Liked: 4 Times

Do you know if o'shaughnessy and gajics tests/exams are around the same level of difficulty?
Old 07-05-2014 at 08:13 PM   #4
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bae_ View Post
Do you know if o'shaughnessy and gajics tests/exams are around the same level of difficulty?
Never took it with Gajic, you should look at their past tests and compare. I think profs make a small difference, unless you get an infamously easy and nice prof hint hint* micro econ
Old 07-05-2014 at 09:24 PM   #5
infinitemac

Liked: 0 Times

I just took Econ 1BB3 with Gajic this past Spring term. Gajic is pretty good, she knows her stuff well, will explain it well and also does her best to engage the class with what she is teaching. Her midterms and exam were based on lecture notes but I personally had to read the textbook to solidify a few more concepts. She definitely tests fair, first midterm was easy, second midterm was tougher and exam was even tougher, but only because the concepts themselves get harder as you go along. I would definitely recommend doing Aplia because that is a mark booster. Gajic along with her TAs are also always available to help you. I heard that O'Shaughnessy was hard so I was a bit afraid of taking this course, but after taking with Gajic I don't regret my decision!

bae_ says thanks to infinitemac for this post.