MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Editing Timetable Questions shay2014 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2010 12:35 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
Help with essay editing, etc.? Mr.Prodigy Academics 3 09-30-2009 06:55 AM
Editing a course review? Ownaginatios General Discussion 6 05-26-2009 02:04 PM

Editing Your Timetable

Since there seem to be a bajillion posts all asking the same thing about editing your timetable, I'm going to post it here.

You can edit your timetable on SOLAR. If you are fully registered (ie, confirmed your payment agreement by Aug 10), and have all outstanding fees cleared you may access SOLAR starting Aug 11 at 8:30am EST. Outstanding fees do not include tuition. Tuition isn't due until Sept 1, therefore it isn't outstanding. Outstanding fees are past their due date (example: summer school tuition).

You can edit your timetable for BOTH terms starting Aug 11. You can also drop/add courses, but it will be your responsibility to select your sections. If a course is available, but the only sections that aren't full conflict with something else you have, then either try to change the other course or email the prof/IA for those courses to see if they can switch you. Often, there is an opportunity to do that at the beginning of each term as well.

If you would like to pick your section based on which prof teaches which section, you can view the profs for each section on the master timetable: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/
If the prof you want teaches C02, then you'd have to select C02 on SOLAR (provided that C02 doesn't conflict with any of your other courses, and that it isn't already full).

Also:
EOW = every other week. If you're in chem, you must have the same lab/tutorial section numbers, because one week you have the lab and on the 'off' week you'll have a tutorial in the same timeslot.

In Addition:
The Drop/Add deadline for Term 1 and 3 courses is September 17th
The Drop/Add deadline for Term 2 courses is January 11th.
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...sessional.html

Biochem47, nikita92 all say thanks to nerual for this post.
Published by
Account Disabled by User

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-09-2010 at 03:01 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Old 08-09-2010 at 03:48 PM   #3
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times
after you make all your changes, can we view our finalized timetable with all the changes made?

Old 08-09-2010 at 03:50 PM   #4
Ace0fSpades

Liked: 26 Times
I believe soo it should update automatically

Old 08-09-2010 at 03:55 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
It should update within the hour.

Old 08-09-2010 at 03:59 PM   #6
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times
does the section for Physics lab & tutorial as to be the same as well?

Old 08-09-2010 at 04:07 PM   #7
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

it doesn't matter if you have a different teacher for core and tutorial right?

Old 08-09-2010 at 04:09 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitnight View Post
That shouldn't matter. If it does SOLAR will automatically restrict you when you choose one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
No, in first year TAs teach the tutorials.

Vaidawg says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Vaidawg likes this.

Old 08-09-2010 at 04:11 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Depends on the course. Usually though, profs don't teach tutorials--what course is it for?

Quote:

Which physics do you mean? 1L03 only has tutorials, 1B03 only has labs, and I believe 1BA3/1BB3 also only have labs. If you mean the engineering physics, then I have no idea :( If you aren't allowed to have different sections though, SOLAR shouldn't let you register for it.

Edit: After seeing this post: http://www.macinsiders.com/showpost....&postcount=168
it appears that phys 1D04 works the same as chem, in which you have to have the same section number for both.

Last edited by nerual : 08-09-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Old 08-09-2010 at 04:23 PM   #10
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Depends on the course. Usually though, profs don't teach tutorials--what course is it for?
math 1ls3

EDIT: whos better math prof, LOVRIC, M or EFTIMIE, R

Last edited by cjdzl : 08-09-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Old 08-09-2010 at 04:24 PM   #11
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times
yeah i was talking about Physics 1D04
thanks

Old 08-09-2010 at 04:34 PM   #12
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
math 1ls3

EDIT: whos better math prof, LOVRIC, M or EFTIMIE, R
I had Lovric, and he was really good--he's the one who designed the course. He also taught our tutorial. When I took it though, he was the only prof teaching the course at all, since it was the first time they ran it.

You should probably stick to the same prof for consistency's sake, but you might find you learn way better from one prof than the other. I don't think it matters which section you go to, in this class (unless they've changed the setup from when I took it).

Old 08-09-2010 at 04:59 PM   #13
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times
I just decided I want to take Bio 1P03, does anyone know if its currently full? I havnt been able to check since SOLAR's been closed.

Old 08-09-2010 at 05:01 PM   #14
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
I just decided I want to take Bio 1P03, does anyone know if its currently full? I havnt been able to check since SOLAR's been closed.
SOLAR is closed for everyone, so no one can check til the 11th.
I don't think it's an incredibly popular course though (since most people who need it take it in gr12), so hopefully you can get in

Melanieee says thanks to nerual for this post.

Old 08-09-2010 at 07:02 PM   #15
raptorboi

Liked: 6 Times
When does SOLAR close, how long or how many days do I have to rearrange the time table?
-mahalo

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search