Edwards - Introduce yourself! _Luu_ Edwards Hall Forum 36 06-25-2013 02:19 PM
Edwards '09 Chad Edwards Hall Forum 30 08-18-2009 10:50 PM
Edwards Hall '07 Elisa A Edwards Hall Forum 28 06-16-2008 02:52 PM

Edwards '08

Old 07-05-2008 at 11:48 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I'm in Edwards as well, first choice! It's all about the French Can't wait to meet people everyone. Also, thanks for the pictures Kokosas. I never actually visited the residence so it was nice to see how it looked liked. Show be fun!
Old 07-06-2008 at 11:59 AM   #17
lenamira

Liked: 0 Times

Is there anyone in an Edwards single who wants a Brandon single? If you're interested in a trade, message me!
Old 07-06-2008 at 12:49 PM   #18
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenamira View Post
Is there anyone in an Edwards single who wants a Brandon single? If you're interested in a trade, message me!
Sorry to rain on your idea, but even if someone was willing to do that, I can almost guarantee that Housing won't allow it. They're quite particular about that sort of thing.
Old 07-06-2008 at 03:29 PM   #19
zarfatd

Liked: 1 Time

I got placed in Edwards even though it wasn't one of my 12 options??? I am a little suprised because all of my top choices were double rooms in the larger residences. Oh well, I'm sure it will be great I just think it was wierd.
Old 07-06-2008 at 05:38 PM   #20
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Zarfatd,
You shouldn't be surprised at all. If you get your first choice it's usually luck, you're sorted into residences based on a lottery system. They try to take into consideration what type of room you wanted but as for which residence you really don't have a choice. Being able to list your residence preferences is actually fairly new.

And don't worry, you will have a great time in Eddies

Old 07-07-2008 at 06:18 AM   #21
Tleilaxu

Liked: 10 Times

Yup Yup! Im sure everyone will love Edwards! I also have a question, I remember when we were doing tours in Edwards Hall someone mentioned something about a potluck?...am i just imagining this or is there one every few months or so?
Old 07-07-2008 at 06:30 AM   #22
Alvand

Liked: 39 Times

We should have a movie night every week or so with foreign films!

Here is a list of past Oscar winners and nominees for Best Foreign Language Film if we want to chose from it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...an guage_Film
Old 07-07-2008 at 08:10 AM   #23
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

In my year we did a program called International Film Festival where my room mate found and downloaded/rented films from around the world. We set up a projector and a screen in the common room and watched a new movie every night for a week. It was great! You guys should totally do it, talk to your HPA about it and they can make it happen!

That and we used to have Grey's Anatomy nights. There was one night when there was a horde of girls in the common room with all their blankets and what not and one lone guy. Someone was taping the episode and something went wrong with the tape because a message popped up saying "press any button to continue" and so they all started yelling about someone pressing a button and fast! So the guy, being the gentleman, gets up and pressed a random button. Apparently it was the WRONG one cause the screen went fuzzy and the room erupted in screaming girls. I could hear it down the hall. Poor guy. He never watched Greys with the girls ever again.

Old 07-07-2008 at 08:30 AM   #24
Tleilaxu

Ahahahahah! That's so hilarious. Note to self: Do not attempt to fix something if there will be massive amounts of girls to use it against you later.

International Film Festival Night would be amazing! My vote already goes out to The Counterfeiters!
Old 07-14-2008 at 01:10 PM   #25
pluto91

pics of rooms
hi, i was wondering if there are any better pictures of edwards rooms available somewhere. the edwards page on mac's housing site didn't seem to have a clear picture of what the average room looks like. reason i am asking is i won't be able to make it to mac on welcome day or horizons and would really like a general idea of how much space the room has and how the furniture is arranged so that i can plan on what to bring.

maybe some ex edwards residents have some pics?

thanks!
Old 07-14-2008 at 01:42 PM   #26
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Hey Pluto,
If you go to the second page of this thread in my post there is a link to pictures from my first year, some of them are from my room. I think it's the third post down from the top

pluto91 says thanks to kokosas for this post.
Old 07-14-2008 at 02:54 PM   #27
Jayuna

The international movie night sounds like a great idea!! I know a lot of foreign flicks - got a lot of japanese stuff on m shelf XD I really can't wait for edwards!!!! ^.^

Does anyone know which floor international house is on though? I'm on second.

Honours MoleBio and Genetics, McMaster class of 2012
Old 07-14-2008 at 05:25 PM   #28
Tleilaxu

All i know is that La Maison Francais is third floor if im not mistaken...
Old 07-14-2008 at 05:35 PM   #29
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

The whole residence is the International House. La Maison is the third floor.

Old 07-14-2008 at 05:54 PM   #30
Jayuna

OH sweet, since I was all confused about that fact!

I like to think I possibly got Edwards because I asked for international house - so I'm looking forward to it all. *is hoping to meet some international people* XD

Were there a lot of foreign people when you were in Edwards, kokosas?

Honours MoleBio and Genetics, McMaster class of 2012