Edwards 308 nanotech471 Edwards Hall Forum 4 06-23-2011 06:50 PM
Edwards '09 Chad Edwards Hall Forum 30 08-18-2009 10:50 PM
Edwards '08 Chad Edwards Hall Forum 33 08-23-2008 08:02 AM

Is edwards a good res?

Old 07-07-2016 at 11:08 PM   #1
arhem345

Liked: 0 Times

Is edwards a good res?
i was assigned to edwards hall as my residence with a double room with washroom (which im happy with) however, i heard things about edwards which im not so sure about. Here is why:

1. Edwards hall is french and international themed and although i like meeting different kinds of people, i dont want all my friends to be from all over the world. I rather have people from Canada because of similarities and the same interests and what not.

2. I heard edwards is super small, the smallest res on campus so will that effect the amount of people i meet? if it only has like 100 people thats like how many people i was exposed to in high school by having 4 classes (30 in each on average). Also, i like partying and i am assuming a small res wouldnt be the best for parties??

Other than that i heard edwards is close to most places and its super old which i like because of history and what not but those are my concerns. Thoughts?
Old 07-08-2016 at 08:04 AM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
1. Edwards hall is french and international themed and although i like meeting different kinds of people, i dont want all my friends to be from all over the world. I rather have people from Canada because of similarities and the same interests and what not.
Yeah, all them non-Canadians piss me off as well.

Quote:
2. I heard edwards is super small, the smallest res on campus so will that effect the amount of people i meet?
This is a campus of over 25000 students, I don't think you will have any problems meeting people.

Quote:
if it only has like 100 people thats like how many people i was exposed to in high school by having 4 classes (30 in each on average).
Yeah, and out of those 100 people you won't remember 90 of them in 4 years.

Quote:
Also, i like partying and i am assuming a small res wouldnt be the best for parties??
You really think partying in University's res is a good idea, huh? Okay.

Imperious, Starships2 like this.
Old 07-08-2016 at 02:25 PM   #3
Starships2

Liked: 3 Times

Theres like 1000 kids on a waiting list for res. Be thankful.
Old 07-08-2016 at 08:30 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhem345 View Post
There is just so much ridiculousness in this complaint, but I'll limit myself to pointing out the logical fallacy in it. You are apparently Canadian and you are in Edwards, therefore it is not exclusively international students, therefore there must be other Canadian students.

As for all your other complaints - none are even remotely issues. They could be true (or false) in most if not all of the residences, depending on the type of people on your floor. Also, I assume you plan on leaving your residence. The number of people you meet is largely dependent on you as a person.