What Info Do You Want? lorend General Discussion 6 05-27-2009 09:35 PM
Edwards '08 Chad Edwards Hall Forum 33 08-23-2008 08:02 AM
Edwards Hall '07 Elisa A Edwards Hall Forum 28 06-16-2008 02:52 PM

Edwards rez info!

Old 05-08-2011 at 02:50 PM   #1
thunder

Liked: 1 Time

Edwards rez info!
Hey! so i saw Edwards yesterday and Im thinking of choosing it since i know when were picking our rez we can specify themes that are at this rez and this gives me a better chance of getting in. Im only doing this b/c i know that if i have a higher chance of getting into Edwards, I have a lesser chance of getting into Brandon, McKay and most of the crazy party residences, whereas Edwards is more low-key. There isnt many forums or info on Edwards and I was wondering if anyone can give their input on this rez. Thank you!
Old 05-08-2011 at 02:58 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Hey! so i saw Edwards yesterday and Im thinking of choosing it since i know when were picking our rez we can specify themes that are at this rez and this gives me a better chance of getting in. Im only doing this b/c i know that if i have a higher chance of getting into Edwards, I have a lesser chance of getting into Brandon, McKay and most of the crazy party residences, whereas Edwards is more low-key. There isnt many forums or info on Edwards and I was wondering if anyone can give their input on this rez. Thank you!
Residences differ from year to year when you are looking at "crazy parties". In my first year, Edwards was quite a party residence.

Edwards is a small residence, the rooms are decent sizes and it's located pretty much as close to the center of residence as possible. Because it's a small residence it's easier to know everyone and form tight bonds.

thunder says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 05-08-2011 at 04:27 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Honestly, every res is a party res. All you need is a small group of people and bam, you have a party started, and more people join.
Old 05-09-2011 at 12:45 AM   #4
jessicalynn

Liked: 7 Times

Hey! I was one of three people giving tours of Eddy yesterday, so I may have given you your tour!
But regardless,
All the placements in residences are essentially random, it's a lottery. Of course if you apply to all girls or the international house, you're more likely to get into Wally or Eddy, but there are no guarantees.
This means that no matter where you live you're going to have a good mix of people. So yeah, I'm sure with 109 people in the building, you'll find a group of friends to party with if that's what you're looking for.
You'll also create super close bonds with the people in Eddy just because it's so small, it's more intimate.

However, whichever residence you get placed in, you'll have a great time! It's the people not the building that make the experience what it is.

Hope to see you during Welcome Week! (:

thunder likes this.
Old 05-14-2011 at 10:13 PM   #5
nanotech471

Liked: 11 Times

I have a quick question does it matter when I apply for res? Or is the lottery carried out after June 2nd?
Old 05-14-2011 at 11:40 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotech471 View Post
I have a quick question does it matter when I apply for res? Or is the lottery carried out after June 2nd?
You should definitely apply before the deadline in order to ensure that your guaranteed spot remains, otherwise you end up on a waiting-list and depending on your number, you might or might not make it into residence. That's why I suggest you apply before the deadline! Also, the lottery is carried out sometime in July I believe. That's when you get residence assignments.
lesterghaner
This message has been removed by a moderator. .