MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elective sam19090 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-29-2010 08:16 PM
Commerce II Elective jsovran19 Academics 0 06-16-2010 10:44 PM
elective!! ishk33 Academics 3 08-14-2009 04:15 PM
Which elective? suhaybh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-03-2008 12:28 PM
Elective Help? Ruggedman Academics 2 07-03-2008 04:07 PM

Elective HELP!

Old 06-16-2008 at 06:21 PM   #1
deone

Liked: 0 Times

Elective HELP!
Has anyone taken Science 2C00 or Inquiry 2HS3?
Any feedback would be appreciated!
Old 06-16-2008 at 07:23 PM   #2
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

hey. I took Science 2C00. Well this course doesn't give you any credit. Its just for you if you have time on your hands you can allocated 1 hour per week to go t othis class. Its mandatory for people who need to take this for the coop programs. You go through 7 weeks of classes, no tests, or anything. Its a relaxing class and just go and listen. The teachers there just go through general things like how to write cover letters, resumes, what to do in an interview, identifiying your career path/personality type, how to find a job, etc. You have to read the course readings if you want to before hand, but its fine. You just need to got class to get this course completed . I would recommend this course for people that want to learn more about those subjects and to get a bit more advise. So try and take this during a term where you dont' have a big workload. The courseware is expensive like $80... i hesitated buying it. If you can, buy it used, or something. There are articles and helpeful information. but seriously, $80 is too much! i regret buying it now, even though there is alot of information I can use from it.. hope that helps.
Old 06-16-2008 at 07:56 PM   #3
deone

oh lol I totally didnt realize! sounds great though, i'll def go!

Has anyone taken inquiry 2HC3??
Or any other such good second year electives?
Old 06-16-2008 at 11:39 PM   #4
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Eva! Totally unrelated to this thread, but I have no other way to get in touch with you :p

I'm trying to reply to your PMs but it won't let me - it says "Eva C has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

So, you may want to check that, I've got some info for you.
Old 06-17-2008 at 01:23 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deone View Post
Has anyone taken inquiry 2HC3??
Or any other such good second year electives?
Check our our 'second year electives' thread, and I'm not sure about 2HC3 but I did take Inquiry 2H03 - you can view my review in the REVIEWS section under courses.
Old 06-26-2008 at 09:19 AM   #6
sam19120

Quote:
Originally Posted by deone View Post
Has anyone taken Science 2C00 or Inquiry 2HS3?
Any feedback would be appreciated!
Hey I've taken INQ 2HS3 before and i have to say its a pretty interesting course. for the entire term we basically discussed 3 topics (genetics, health in media, and fertility). for the first week, we discuss topic 1 in a small group. the second week we hand in a one page "statement" about how we feel about genetics and our position on it. during the second week, the professor invites 2 guest speakers to debate on the pro and con side of genetics. at the end of the second class, we think about what was discussed in the debate and in our groups and finally write a 1500 paper describing your entire thought process which led you to the conclusion "i am in favour/ not in favour of genetics becasue...." due the following week.

last year, it was supposed to be one three-hour class per week, but 90% of the time the class ended 1 hour early. I highly recommend the course becuase of the fairly light workload compared to many other courses (no exams, midterms, etc; only the initial position paper and the 1500word paper for each of the 3 topics) and it's definately for you if you are interested in health related issues.

hope that helps