MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elective sam19090 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-29-2010 08:16 PM
Commerce II Elective jsovran19 Academics 0 06-16-2010 10:44 PM
elective!! ishk33 Academics 3 08-14-2009 04:15 PM
Which elective? suhaybh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-03-2008 12:28 PM
Elective HELP! deone Academics 5 06-26-2008 09:19 AM

Elective Help?

Old 07-02-2008 at 08:09 PM   #1
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

Elective Help?
Alright, so i have been on the reviews page many times and read over all the reviews for first eyar electives, and its come down to this.

Out of these 3:

PHILOS 1B03
MMEDIA 1A03
SOC WORK 1A06

Which one is the best/easiest one. I have no media background, or social work for that matter too.

I need help picking my final 2 electvies. Can someone run down the pro's and con's of each of these classes to help me pick. Just for the record my major to be is Political Science.

(And i realize Social Work is worth 6 units, so depending on if i hear good reviews for it, ill just drop sociology, which is worth 6 units as well, it'll all work out)

Input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also if anybody took Labour Studies, whats that like...couldnt find a review for it.
Old 07-03-2008 at 08:49 AM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Only one I've taken from your list is MMEDIA 1A03, which was a pretty easy course if you're alright with web design (HTML).

If you take the 6 unit course just remember that if you go to the class in Sept and don't like it and decide to drop it that you'll now be 2 courses down and will need to pick 2 new electives.
Old 07-03-2008 at 04:07 PM   #3
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

If Philos 1B03 is taught by Dr. Gedge then I wouldn't suggest it. The course material itself was interesting but she killed it for me and others. She's just a bad prof in my mind.
Here's the review
There are more opinions of it there than just mine.