MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
labour studies littleluzer Academics 3 09-17-2010 08:43 AM
LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 or COMMUNICATION STUDIES? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-28-2009 05:43 PM
Labour Studies 1a03 NRoshanth Academics 7 05-26-2009 06:37 PM
Labour Studies 1C03 **jewel 03** Academics 0 01-05-2009 06:16 PM

Electives for labour studies program

Old 04-17-2010 at 09:53 PM   #1
Beth

Liked: 4 Times

Electives for labour studies program
The hon. labour studies program requires 42-45 units of electives. It says: If not completed in Level 1, a minimum of six units must be from the Faculty of Humanities and/or the Department of Religious Studies. In addition, the requirements include 30 units from level 1 program (which would include the level 1 electives.

Does anyone know which courses can count toward the 42-45 units of electives? Would it be anything in the undergrad calendar, and how does this requirement relate to the 30 units from level 1 program? It looks like two separate requirements - so level 1 electives plus 42-45 units of additional electives.

Any idea? Thanks!
Old 04-18-2010 at 11:07 AM   #2
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

ANY courses that are not your program requirements are eligible for your 42-45 unit electives.

When they say "If not completed in Level I, a minimum of six units...etc", it means that out of your four years you must take six units worth from the Faculty of Humanities/Department of Religious Studies.

--> If you complete this requirement in level I, you get 45 units of electives between levels II to IV.

--> If you do not complete this requirement in level I, you must fulfill this requirement by using your elective space, thus leaving you free to choose up to 6 LESS units worth of courses. (e.g. if you took only one humanities/religious studies in first year, you will have to take three units more and they will be counted as electives for your program. Therefore, you can only choose 42 out of the 45 units to take anything you want).

I hope that clarifies things...

Beth likes this.
Old 04-18-2010 at 03:56 PM   #3
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

You can also check your degree audit and see whats listed for courses. You can also do a minor, so 24 units out of those can be used to get a minor in geography or something else you want.

Beth likes this.
Old 04-18-2010 at 05:06 PM   #4
Beth

Liked: 4 Times

Thanks nh999 and jo87 for your quick and helpful explanations!