MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone dropping Labour Studies 1A03 in 1st term? jackiemac Academics 15 08-17-2010 08:41 PM
Is anyone taking Labour Studies 1A03? KayakerDan Academics 2 12-14-2009 10:35 PM
Course review request - LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 and 1C03 p4lyfe12 Academics 2 09-03-2009 09:18 AM
LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 or COMMUNICATION STUDIES? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-28-2009 05:43 PM
LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 elective course? shaiya08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 06-23-2009 01:25 PM

Labour Studies 1a03

Old 05-26-2009 at 11:46 AM   #1
NRoshanth

Liked: 0 Times

Labour Studies 1a03
Hey,

I'm writing my Labour studies 1A03 in summer because I deffered it. It will be great if people who wrote the exam could tell me what to really focus on. I don't remember anything and it would be helful if you any could tell me wat topis I should consider. More on course ware or the text book? Thankyou. I really appreciate it

Roshanth
Old 05-26-2009 at 06:12 PM   #2
Anton

Liked: 8 Times

Who is teaching it?
Old 05-26-2009 at 06:13 PM   #3
NRoshanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
Who is teaching it?
The Proff is David Goutor.
Old 05-26-2009 at 06:26 PM   #4
Anton

if you are strapped for time, focus on the lectures. If you have some time, try to look at the broader themes of the readings, if you get a chance, incorporate those themes into your exam answers and it will impress whoever is marking it. From what I remember half of the exam was identification the other half essays. The ID terms are pretty straight forward (things like Knights of Labour, General Strike etc) the essays on the other hand can get more tricky. For those, try to focus on the lecture topics themselves. Hope that helps, good luck

adeelb likes this.
Old 05-26-2009 at 06:28 PM   #5
NRoshanth

Quote:
if you are strapped for time, focus on the lectures. If you have some time, try to look at the broader themes of the readings, if you get a chance, incorporate those themes into your exam answers and it will impress whoever is marking it. From what I remember half of the exam was identification the other half essays. The ID terms are pretty straight forward (things like Knights of Labour, General Strike etc) the essays on the other hand can get more tricky. For those, try to focus on the lecture topics themselves. Hope that helps, good luck
Thankyou Anton. I really appreciate your help. May I know what did you mean by identification and try to think or remebr that came on the exam. It would be really helpful and I really owe it to you.

Roshanth
Old 05-26-2009 at 06:32 PM   #6
Anton

By identification I meant key terms used in lectures, stuff he may have talked about for a while or emphasized, the exam will probably ask you to identify a term and state it's significance for labour history
Old 05-26-2009 at 06:37 PM   #7
NRoshanth

Quote:
By identification I meant key terms used in lectures, stuff he may have talked about for a while or emphasized, the exam will probably ask you to identify a term and state it's significance for labour history
Thankyou
Old 05-26-2009 at 06:37 PM   #8
Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRoshanth View Post
Thankyou
no problem