MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electives vs full course load headphones Academics 2 08-13-2010 01:32 PM
Electives & course load problem rant Academics 6 04-22-2010 11:44 AM
Second Year - Heavy Load? Afrisa Academics 27 06-15-2009 02:09 PM
Summer School - Course Load sinthusized Academics 3 03-19-2009 12:02 AM
MAX course Load summer workout101 Academics 3 12-04-2008 11:02 AM

Will electives in summer reduce course load next year?

Old 06-07-2009 at 11:02 AM   #1
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Will electives in summer reduce course load next year?
Hi, I completed first year and I'm in the process of taking a first year 6 unit course (JAPANESE 1Z06) in Summer School and I have a question, will these 6 units count towards my second year? This particular course isn't needed but I do need 6 units of electives for my second year program and I was hoping that these units will count so I can have a reduced course load. Or would the electives have to be Level 2 to count towards my second year?

Sorry if it's confusing, thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2009 at 11:25 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Those six units are six completed units, period. They count as six completed credits out of the 120 you need to finish total.

Rather than "wasting" the courses in your second year (i.e. have a lighter load), take the advantage and apply them to your fourth year. Eight classes in fourth year makes a huge difference in terms of workload and alleviating stress.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

jachill says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 06-07-2009 at 12:31 PM   #3
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Thanks for the advice! I never thought of it like that, applying them to fourth year.
Old 06-07-2009 at 12:50 PM   #4
Kevin

Liked: 1 Time

How can you apply them to fourth year, or whichever year you want? Like is there a thing on Musgi or something?
Old 06-07-2009 at 12:54 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

You pick eight courses in fourth year instead of ten.

Remember, Mac doesn't care how you complete the credits, or when. You just need 120 to graduate, period.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-07-2009 at 01:32 PM   #6
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Also, as long as you have no more than 48 Level 1 credits right?
Old 06-07-2009 at 01:35 PM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yup. And I'd also suggest using those credits in third year rather than second as it also can lessen your workload a bit too.