MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So You Think You Can Dance Canada Finals temara.brown General Discussion 1 10-20-2009 10:37 PM
McMaster Dance Team laura_jean General Discussion 12 07-31-2009 12:13 AM
McMaster Electronic Dance Music kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-25-2009 07:32 AM
Mac Dance Classes davey General Discussion 5 06-19-2008 07:27 PM

Electronic/Dance/DJ music

Old 09-01-2010 at 08:38 PM   #16
tamititus

Liked: 1 Time

Anamanaguchi (8 bit music...sounds neat)
Benny Benassi
Infected Mushroom
Massive Attack
Shpongle

EDIT: Never checked if they have podcasts and stuff on itunes...I doubt it though.

Last edited by tamititus : 09-01-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2010 at 08:55 PM   #17
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by comte View Post
Dude, exactly the same phase I went through as well. I think that phase is probably that you sometimes need a break from the genre. I used to desire the Asian instrumental collection, but nowadays, I just settle for some good old classical. Believe it or not, classical and Trance together or separately, really compliment each other.
Makes sense! Classical Music(Both Western and Eastern) is all about note progressions and subtle changes and is mathematically based. Maybe once your ears are atuned to that you tend to notice the BPM and Note progression(atleast the good DJ's do that) in Trance more?

But for now I have a major urge to splash my savings on Chinese, African and South Asian Instruments, I'll contend with a Rubab that I recently bought for now.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 09-01-2010 at 09:26 PM   #18
comte

Liked: 16 Times

Try listening to these two versions of the same track. Are they the same, really? Can anyone tell what's different between the two versions?

Last edited by jhan523 : 09-01-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: YouTube
Old 09-01-2010 at 10:08 PM   #19
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

^I'm not entirely sure but I think I like the top one better! A sharper sound than the ASOT version

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 09-02-2010 at 06:48 PM   #20
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

Quote:
That mix is pretty awesome. Though most of them are just mash-ups (or all?), I like the sound they put together. Maybe it's cause my volume is too high.
I'd love a track list, if you have one. But I'm sure two of the tracks are kate perry - california girl mash-ups, haha.

I'd love to try out new artists, can you recommend me a few songs you really dig from them?
I guarantee you that they're not all mashups. I'm a sucker for a select few here and there, but I mainly like electro-pop. If there's more mashups than usual in this mix, guess I was in that mood lol I make setlists on the fly. Often the mashups I prefer still maintain an electro sound.

Let me make one right now:

John Roman - Everybody Wants To Be A DJ
Daft Punk vs. DJ Chuckie - One More Time In Miami ***** (Pristine Blusters Mashup)
Sidney Samson - Riverside (Electrixx Remix)
Ke$ha - Blah Blah Blah (Redlight Remix)
Major Lazer - Pon De Floor (Chewy Chocolate Chip Remix)
David Guetta - Choose (ft. Ne-Yo & Kelly Rowland)
Usher - OMG (Vindata Remix)
Deadmau5 - Some Chords (BetaTraxx Remix)
Usher - Over (Hypercrush Remix)
The Cardigans - Lovefool (Barletta Edit)
Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body (Skrillex Remix)
Katy Perry - California Gurls (MSTRKRFT Remix)
Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP - We No Speak Americano (1ino1eum Remix)
3oh!3 - My First Kiss ft. Ke$ha (Skeet Skeet's Sassy and Brassy Remix) - (LOVE THIS SONG RIGHT NOW)
???? I don't remember the name of this song lol I think I threw it in because I recently found it. Now it's lost in my library...
Kelly Rowland - Commander (produced by David Guetta)...for a David Guetta song this has an AMAZING electro feel to it
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (The Kids Are Radioactive Remix)
Usher - Love In This Club (MSTRKRFT Remix)
MSTRKRFT vs. Deadmau5 - The Reward Is Bounce (Lights Over LA Mashup)
David Guetta - Love Don't Let Me Go (Betatraxx Remix)
Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart (ft. Ludacris) (Wideboys Remix)
David Guetta - When Love Takes Over (ft. Kelly Rowland) (Barletta Remix)
Eiffel 65 - I'm Blue (12" Plastic Toys Remix)
Katy Perry vs. Ke$ha - Tik Tok California Gurls (DJplaceboing Mashup)...just to prove how those two songs are the SAME. Probably because they were both produced by Dr. Luke.

I think I've discovered the most music by using hypem.com and the individual blogs that they pull music from. I suggest you jump on there and start discovering

MASHUP COUNT: 2..........the rest are remixes that were given extra kick with synths, drum machines, and all the other wonderful tools artists use to cut and mix original songs.

ALSO CHECK THIS OUT:

Last edited by jhan523 : 09-02-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: YouTube
Old 09-06-2010 at 11:07 PM   #21
comte

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjager View Post
I guarantee you that they're not all mashups. I'm a sucker for a select few here and there, but I mainly like electro-pop. If there's more mashups than usual in this mix, guess I was in that mood lol I make setlists on the fly. Often the mashups I prefer still maintain an electro sound.

Let me make one right now:

John Roman - Everybody Wants To Be A DJ
Daft Punk vs. DJ Chuckie - One More Time In Miami ***** (Pristine Blusters Mashup)
Sidney Samson - Riverside (Electrixx Remix)
Ke$ha - Blah Blah Blah (Redlight Remix)
Major Lazer - Pon De Floor (Chewy Chocolate Chip Remix)
David Guetta - Choose (ft. Ne-Yo & Kelly Rowland)
Usher - OMG (Vindata Remix)
Deadmau5 - Some Chords (BetaTraxx Remix)
Usher - Over (Hypercrush Remix)
The Cardigans - Lovefool (Barletta Edit)
Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body (Skrillex Remix)
Katy Perry - California Gurls (MSTRKRFT Remix)
Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP - We No Speak Americano (1ino1eum Remix)
3oh!3 - My First Kiss ft. Ke$ha (Skeet Skeet's Sassy and Brassy Remix) - (LOVE THIS SONG RIGHT NOW)
???? I don't remember the name of this song lol I think I threw it in because I recently found it. Now it's lost in my library...
Kelly Rowland - Commander (produced by David Guetta)...for a David Guetta song this has an AMAZING electro feel to it
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (The Kids Are Radioactive Remix)
Usher - Love In This Club (MSTRKRFT Remix)
MSTRKRFT vs. Deadmau5 - The Reward Is Bounce (Lights Over LA Mashup)
David Guetta - Love Don't Let Me Go (Betatraxx Remix)
Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart (ft. Ludacris) (Wideboys Remix)
David Guetta - When Love Takes Over (ft. Kelly Rowland) (Barletta Remix)
Eiffel 65 - I'm Blue (12" Plastic Toys Remix)
Katy Perry vs. Ke$ha - Tik Tok California Gurls (DJplaceboing Mashup)...just to prove how those two songs are the SAME. Probably because they were both produced by Dr. Luke.

I think I've discovered the most music by using hypem.com and the individual blogs that they pull music from. I suggest you jump on there and start discovering

MASHUP COUNT: 2..........the rest are remixes that were given extra kick with synths, drum machines, and all the other wonderful tools artists use to cut and mix original songs.
Haha, seems I was wrong. Well, still dude, nice work putting all those tracks together. I really liked it, and since I can't search around too much (because...I don't want to), I'll leave that search up to you and all the mixers, shall I? I'm looking forward to more of those awesome finds.
Now then, new this week, I'd like to recommend this song, this song is for all those who love the smoother or softer beat than the hard trance:

Brilliant.

(Even thought this is a electro-thread, did anyone check out any of the bands who played tonight outside Mills Library? I really liked one of the bands in particular but have no clue as to who they are)

Last edited by comte : 09-06-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-07-2010 at 02:41 PM   #22
MIpolice

Liked: 12 Times

Its All About Dj Splash, Tune Up, East Clubbers, Pulsedriver And Dj Dean.

xxsumz likes this.
Old 09-07-2010 at 02:48 PM   #23
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

O M F G. ITS OVER. This thread will be filled soon with all types of electronic music. I'll be posting tons of stuff here soon just not right now. Gotta get back to playing Maplestory...
Old 09-07-2010 at 02:56 PM   #24
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

some songs I like

DubSteppppp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S35THmZD_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZDhHwYVAo8

DNB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TfXnTwa8vk

Trance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Vk13RRLsI
off Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise 1

House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK1bQOqSFMU

Minimal House (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLznVtcGTVM

Cootes Paradise Club Leader
MacTV Executive Producer

Last edited by Alvand : 09-07-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2010 at 03:12 PM   #25
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

(Even thought this is a electro-thread, did anyone check out any of the bands who played tonight outside Mills Library? I really liked one of the bands in particular but have no clue as to who they are)[/quote]

Sick song.

The first band that played last night was The Emerson Street Rhythm Band. I forgot the names of the other two. Hopefully that's the one you like!

Cootes Paradise Club Leader
MacTV Executive Producer

Old 09-07-2010 at 04:18 PM   #26
kwvash

Liked: 0 Times

MSTRKRFT, Justice, Wolfgang Gartner, Bird Peterson, and any remix by one of those guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fef5yBLyx5U
Old 09-07-2010 at 06:16 PM   #27
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Anyways.... I'll try to keep this post alive by posting a song a day.

Song of the day today is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSo0IccRmeo

Comments are welcome- lol
Old 09-08-2010 at 01:12 AM   #28
comte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvand View Post
I was really in the mood for a good DnB right about now, after all these HUGE days. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIpolice View Post
Its All About Dj Splash, Tune Up, East Clubbers, Pulsedriver And Dj Dean.
I always wanted to know, where do you discover different DJs? I don't even know where to start. All I do know is iTunes, and TranceFresh for the global radio shows. Youtube doesn't give you sets from DJs and the sound quality, to say the most, is only adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvand View Post

The first band that played last night was The Emerson Street Rhythm Band. I forgot the names of the other two. Hopefully that's the one you like!
Unfortunately, I think it was the band after this one then, if there were only two others. However...I'm seriously getting their rhythm. No wonder they made it to the finals of Mac's battle of the bands a couple of years back.
Old 09-08-2010 at 10:22 AM   #29
MIpolice

heres a great techno/rave song..

Last edited by MIpolice : 09-08-2010 at 10:28 AM.

xxsumz says thanks to MIpolice for this post.

xxsumz likes this.
Old 09-08-2010 at 10:24 AM   #30
MIpolice

Quote:
I was really in the mood for a good DnB right about now, after all these HUGE days. Thank you.

I always wanted to know, where do you discover different DJs? I don't even know where to start. All I do know is iTunes, and TranceFresh for the global radio shows. Youtube doesn't give you sets from DJs and the sound quality, to say the most, is only adequate.

i discover all my djs on youtube. i just type in techno, trance or dance and then alot of different djs pop up. try it.