MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electronic/Dance/DJ music comte Music 81 02-14-2011 12:45 AM
So You Think You Can Dance Canada Finals temara.brown General Discussion 1 10-20-2009 10:37 PM
Verve Dance Team ls90 General Discussion 1 08-24-2009 10:44 AM
McMaster Dance Team laura_jean General Discussion 12 07-31-2009 12:13 AM
McMaster Electronic Dance Music kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-25-2009 07:32 AM

Mac Dance Classes

Old 06-18-2008 at 08:22 PM   #1
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Mac Dance Classes
Has anyone taken dance classes at Mac before?? My friends and I want to take either beginner's hip hop or beginner's modern... but the descriptions of each are pretty vague. What kinds of things do you learn in each?
Old 06-18-2008 at 09:57 PM   #2
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

Heyy! Where did you find descriptions of the dance classes??? I was interested in dancing again.

Good choice on this type of excerise
Old 06-19-2008 at 05:57 AM   #3
davey
Elite Member

http://www-athrec.mcmaster.ca/dance/index.htm

haha. i told myself i would take up it when i start uni... i've never taken it before, but it doesnt hurt to try. =D
Old 06-19-2008 at 05:52 PM   #4
Meg543

Liked: 0 Times

Ohhh I've also been wondering about this because I want to keep dancing at Mac. Does anyone know the difficulty level of the classes? I've been taking ballet and jazz recreationally since I was like 5 so I'm fairly experienced. Any recommendations on class levels for me?
If I wanted to try a new type of dance (say modern) would I take the beginner class or would it be better for me to take a more advanced class since I would pick up steps faster than the typical beginner?
Also does anyone know how much they cost?
Old 06-19-2008 at 06:07 PM   #5
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

dvy: Dancing is totally worth a try if I do say so myself!

Meg: I've been dancing for YEARS as well and if I were to take the modern...I'd take intermediate. Just becasue I've done lyrical before (which is the same) and becaue of the experience I can pick it up faster. So I'd assume you'd be the same.

My only problem is flexibility!
Old 06-19-2008 at 07:27 PM   #6
davey
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg543 View Post
Also does anyone know how much they cost?
I think they are all different in price, but it says that Modern Intermediate is $62 for 10 classes that are an hour and a half each.