MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Admission into Engineering after college? lobo Academics 3 11-08-2011 08:42 AM
Engineering admission program 2nd year mfattal General Discussion 19 06-10-2011 11:46 PM
Uni Admission Help ... madhawatk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 02-15-2011 03:16 PM
Engineering 1 ADMISSION INFO/HELP!! madhawatk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 02-13-2011 01:03 AM
1280 admission LT. NKC General Discussion 1 01-30-2011 11:35 PM

Engineering Admission

Old 11-11-2011 at 09:36 PM   #1
cameronj19

Liked: 0 Times

Engineering Admission
Hi guys! I go to an non-semestered high school, so my first term report card (November) is based off only 3-4 evaluations. A death occured in my family, and my marks dropped ALOT. It was really stupid of me to forget about school, and my marks are so low right now.
English - 50
AP Human Geography - 91
AP Psychology - 88
Physics - 50
Chemistry - 55
Advanced Functions - 67
Calculus - 71

However, I'm going to try really hard and I'm quite sure, I can all these marks at LEAST 85%+ by MARCH, do you think I still have a chance to make it into Engineering 1? Or will they reject me by then, because of my extremely low marks? Is there any school that will consider my March marks too?
Old 11-11-2011 at 09:37 PM   #2
cameronj19

March second term report card*
Old 11-11-2011 at 09:54 PM   #3
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Talk to an adviser. Mac was the only school in 2010 (i applied for the 2011 school year, so 2010 was the statistics i was looking at) to admit students far below the cut-off. I would assume those students had special circumstances as well. Queens, UW, etc, all had admitted no one in the 70s, whereas Mac had a couple people in that range. I don't know exactly where i read that, but i distinctly remember being proud of being in Mac because of that specific reason.

cameronj19 says thanks to adaptation for this post.

cameronj19, MacPack like this.
Old 11-11-2011 at 10:00 PM   #4
cameronj19

thank you! that's really nice of mac, definitely. do you think I should talk to someone in January, when applications go in or afterwards when my far better grades are in. is second wave of admissions as many as first?
Old 11-11-2011 at 10:14 PM   #5
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

I went to a non-semestered high school to so december report cards were based off of barely anything. but mac acccepted me in the first round in febuary. our teacher had a round of test right before febuary upload of marks. hopefully by febuary your arks will be higher, and if you have to talk to an adivisor hopefully your gr 11 marks are good.

cameronj19 says thanks to MacPack for this post.

cameronj19 likes this.
Old 11-11-2011 at 11:51 PM   #6
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronj19 View Post
thank you! that's really nice of mac, definitely. do you think I should talk to someone in January, when applications go in or afterwards when my far better grades are in. is second wave of admissions as many as first?
I'd talk to someone as soon as possible. Just to be sure and so you can adjust for the future just in case things don't work out. Doesn't hurt to be cautious! But if you can pull your marks up a bit, you really don't have to worry, the cut-off is usually around 80.