MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review Engineering Timetable DarthFuzzy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-24-2010 09:24 AM
Engineering 1 Timetable Review Hurley Academics 8 08-10-2010 05:45 PM
Engineering I Timetable Review Please Ish001 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-10-2010 12:01 AM
Mock Timetable Review? (Engineering I) Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 11:22 PM
Timetable Review (Engineering Level 2) Ohmz Academics 6 06-02-2010 08:11 PM

Engineering level 1 coop timetable review

Old 08-29-2010 at 06:22 PM   #1
clouds

Liked: 1 Time

Engineering level 1 coop timetable review
Hi, heres my timetables and teachers, can anyone take a look at it and tell me if its normal or if its bad.

Teachers:

ECON 1bb3 - O'SHAUGHNESSY, B
ECON 1b03 - HOLMES, H
ENG 1p03 - FLEISIG, RV
ENG 1c03 - DOYLE, T
MATH 1ZA3- CHILDS, A
MATH 1ZB3 - BARTO, L
MATH 1ZC3 - MC LEAN, C
MATLS 1m03 - ZUROB
Physics 1d03 - MCKAY, NL
Physics 1E03 - MCKAY, NL
END 1d04 - FARMER, WM

Thanks any help is appreciated...

EDIT: also im going to be living off-campus residense, what would be the ideal day to move in?
Attached Files
File Type: doc TERM 1.doc (161.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: doc TERM 2.doc (118.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-29-2010 at 06:36 PM   #2
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Econ: Typical teachers, typical plain, easy class, doesn't need a genius to teach it so you understand...

1P03: Same prof as last year, he's easy to get along with, good guy, no tips there.

1C03: Typical prof, there isn't a BETTER prof, so again, no tips.

Math: A lot of people lke childs because he teaches EVERYTHING that he is supposed to, but I didn't like his attitude towards everyone. If he was the only option for a good prof, I wouldn't complain, but McLean teaches everything too, but with a MUCH better attitude. As for the other guy, for 1ZB3, never heard of him...

Materials: AWESOME PROF! Really though, all of those profs are awesome.

Physics: I had him second term... You can understand him, he knows his stuff, and he's friendly, but he goes a little slow through it all, so it never ALL gets taught, but he gets to the important stuff for you... He's a long-timer on this course, so I wouldn't move more than 1 class on my schedule just to get into Okon's class (if he's teaching it this year)

1D04: HAHAHAAAAA, no..... If you can get another prof, it'd be worth moving a max. of 2 classes, but the way the course was taught last year: The lectures are silly and pointless anyways, so I don't know how much better you'll get.

clouds says thanks to mike_302 for this post.
Old 08-29-2010 at 06:36 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

1. Engineering level 1 is all the same, no such thing as coop I believe
2. When you want a timetable review, printscreen and upload the picture to imageshack or something, Word documents don't always work very well (I also don't happen to have Word on my laptop :()
3. All the professors you listed were my absolute favourite, so you lucked out pretty hard
(except Farmer, and I never took Econ)

clouds says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 08-29-2010 at 07:12 PM   #4
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

1D04:
I thought Dr. Farmer was relatively better than Dr. Smith.
Dr. Farmer's strengths are in algorithms. He needs some to develop his skills
at explaining stuff and keeping the class awake though.

1E03:
I would go with Dr. McKay. His Clicker questions appear on tests and exams and, IMHO,
he does a better job at theory and probable solutions than other profs. He doesn't
finish his calculations but I managed to deal with it. He gives out the final answer
so you can solve it on your own. Just stay away from your friends and grab a seat at
the front so you can hear him better.

Dr. Okon has amazing test and final exam reviews as well as lecture notes.
He sometimes rushes on solutions and analysis though.
He shows you how a first year engineering student solves the problem and then
complicates stuff and show you how he would do it and then discuss fourth year
solutions to that problem. He manages to keep the class awake by telling jokes
about different faculties and how he is better than you in every way.

clouds says thanks to VastHorizon for this post.
Old 08-30-2010 at 01:33 PM   #5
clouds

Ok thanks guys, uhmm anyone who did open up the word document and saw the timetable think that it is normal? It seems way too over congested to me and I feel like I may have done something wrong
Old 08-30-2010 at 02:11 PM   #6
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

ECON 1bb3 - O'SHAUGHNESSY, B good
ECON 1b03 - HOLMES, H good
ENG 1p03 - FLEISIG, RV ew
ENG 1c03 - DOYLE, T ew (had him for 2sh4.. boooooring)
MATH 1ZA3- CHILDS, A good
MATH 1ZB3 - BARTO, L ??
MATH 1ZC3 - MC LEAN, C good
MATLS 1m03 - ZUROB good
Physics 1d03 - MCKAY, NL n/a
Physics 1E03 - MCKAY, NL n/a
END 1d04 - FARMER, WM n/a

clouds says thanks to blackdragon for this post.
Old 08-30-2010 at 02:14 PM   #7
clouds

Sorry for double post but I decided to post the timetables as images so its easier, since I print screened it and I had to scroll down on my actual timetable I didnt get everthing onto it so on my Term 2 on Tuesday from 19:00 - 21:00 I also have Engineering 1EE0.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 08-30-2010 at 02:24 PM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Physics lab in morning = bad idea. Physics lab followed by chem lab = terrible idea!
Old 08-30-2010 at 02:32 PM   #9
clouds

I dont mind the physics lab in the morning and I was thinking that they would have set it up so that we have a physcis lab one week and the chem lab the other week... It makes it easier for us.
Old 08-30-2010 at 02:42 PM   #10
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds View Post
I dont mind the physics lab in the morning and I was thinking that they would have set it up so that we have a physcis lab one week and the chem lab the other week... It makes it easier for us.
They dont do that. You have to plan it that way. University isnt here to help you, they are here to take your money.

Also, good luck with physics lab at 8.30AM
Old 08-30-2010 at 04:42 PM   #11
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Your timetable is pretty good, its very similar to mine -- some people can't handle 8:30 classes or consecutive labs, but if you're well organized you shouldn't have a problem preparing for or doing all that fun-ness. Make sure you don't leave prelab preparation to the night before or the day of your labs! Physics tutorials usually end early, so hope that your physics labs and chemistry just so happen to not be on the day (Every Other Week..) otherwise its a bit of a rush...