MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vancover Olympics Cassanova Athletics & Recreation 111 03-03-2010 08:34 AM
2010 Olympics Opening Ceremonies Allan Athletics & Recreation 3 02-11-2010 12:08 AM
2010 Olympics Beefs lorend General Discussion 5 11-08-2009 03:24 PM
Olympics Hockey Survey richarec General Discussion 10 10-04-2009 08:36 PM
MSU Olympics - this friday Chad General Discussion 0 09-18-2007 10:30 PM

Engineering Olympics

Old 10-03-2009 at 10:16 PM   #1
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Engineering Olympics
Is Mac Eng still doing that Engineering Olympics this year? Considering the time and date it takes place, I might be interested in helping out (provided it does not sit on top of a midterm heh). I'm considering it, because it'd probably go towards community service, wouldn't it? As well, if it's still on, where can I get some info?

Thanks Insider Community in advance~
Old 10-03-2009 at 10:52 PM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

http://www.google.ca/search?q=mcmast...nt=fi refox-a
Old 10-03-2009 at 11:59 PM   #3
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

For a not out-of-date answer...

Yeah, there are a few ads asking for volunteers around campus. The event is happening on Thursday October 15th from 9:00am-4:00pm (though they might need people for set up and cleanup), and you can email [email protected] if you'd like to volunteer.

(The main website says nothing about volunteer registration, and there's nothing about this year's on the MES site.)
Old 10-04-2009 at 07:22 AM   #4
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Ya just email them with the time that you can help out.. the set up usually starts at about 7:30 am so whatever time you can from then until I think 5pm is usually when they're finished cleaning up. You'll get an automatic reply at first but then eventually you'll get an email from the person organizing the olympics saying with more information on what to do and when.

Old 10-04-2009 at 08:25 AM   #5
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
(The main website says nothing about volunteer registration, and there's nothing about this year's on the MES site.)
http://mes.mcmaster.ca/item/voluntee...ering-olympics
Old 10-04-2009 at 01:08 PM   #6
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Yeah, I guess I should have checked further back. =\